A new awakening

POWER ON.

WARNING: LOW BATTERY! PLEASE CHARGE!

Thad had woken up in a cold sweat. Not that he, or anyone else really COULD sweat. But the point is made. 

Gasping loudly, he looked around, surrounded by snow. He couldn't have been offline for that long, otherwise he would have been buried by snow. 

He scanned his own body, immediately making note of the multiple gashes in his torso and his lower abdomen.

'Was I attacked?' he internally thought to himself. He scanned his surroundings again, making note of the multiple dead bodies around him. Some mangled beyond recognition. Others just had a stab wound in major biocomponents.

"Where's Uzi?" He said out loud, not thinking much about his own injuries. 

Looking around for his own companion, he found himself trying to get up, only to be met with a huge surge of pain coming from his legs. 

Thad let out a small yelp and immediately collapsed back on the cold hard ground. His small fall only being broken by the snow around him.

He looked back down, now looking at his legs, and realizing that it's damn near falling off.

Thad, now cursing silently to himself, tried to think of what he can do. 

An idea popped into his robotic mind. It wasn't one he was exactly a fan of either. His legs were detachable. He could detach the mangled leg and replace it with one that wasn't so broken.

Looking to his right, he found a perfectly usable leg. The shoes weren't exactly his style, but beggars can't be choosers.

He started crawling desperately towards the leg, but with one of his legs already being broken beyond repair, incredibly painful and unable to move, he found it extremely difficult to crawl. 

Nonetheless, he continued to make progress.

'How did I even get here?' he internally wondered to himself. He started to internally scan his own memories, but came up shorthanded. 

He internally chuckled to himself. 'Maybe shortfooted would be a more accurate term.'

Thad continued to feel the incredible pain in his leg. He was trying his best to ignore it, but the pain was all too much to bear. 

He wanted to cry, scream, punch something just so he could have some way to ignore the pain. But he knew it wouldn't solve a thing.

'Useless.' he thought to himself. He finally decided to take a break, to take in his surroundings. 

Looking around, what he saw was shocking. He wanted to puke, but drones can't do that. 

He saw Uzi. Mangled beyond recognition. The only way Thad was able to tell that was Uzi was because her hoodie wasn't as mangled as the rest of her.

He was horrified, he wanted to cry, but was too shocked to do anything. He wanted to blame himself, but the other thoughts in his mind were clouding that bad judgement.