Chess (2)

𝘾𝙝𝙚𝙨𝙨 - YIVI.I

"Students, we will be exploring the wild area tomorrow after class. I expect you to be prepared for the lesson." Professor Liebert announced this after giving us all our equipment to train our Pokémon.

I received 5 Pokéballs along with a Pokéwatch. I also received a regular Pokéball to contain Ares. The small devil is trying to attack me even while in the ball, as I can feel it vibrate in my pocket.

"See you tomorrow, Kamuro." She just gave me a quick nod before heading the other way. I would've tried to engage in conversation with her, but I have a more important task at hand.

____

I entered my new dorm room; it was surprisingly spacious for a lone high school student. There was a small kitchen that was in a cubicle shape, a bathroom, and a living room that also consisted of the bed.

I sat down and unpacked my bag, rummaging through all of the equipment I acquired today and devising multiple plans for the near future.

Hm, the poke ball contained Ares stopped moving a few minutes ago; maybe he was tired out? I might as well check on his condition.

I pulled the poke ball out of the small satchel situated on my waist and extended my arm in front of me. Tapping the Pokéball button twice released my newly acquired partner, who fell flat on the floor.

"SHWW" Ares attempted to attack me as soon as he touched the floor; his motive was to try to catch me off guard.

His movements still needed a lot of work; I didn't expect less from a newly born first-evolution Pokémon, but maybe this could be a good lesson for him.

I countered his advance with a swift palm strike to his metal chest, avoiding the blades running along his body.

He fell flat on the ground, looking back up at me with what could be considered a glare in Pokémon standards.

"You do not attack me." According to books, most Pokémon can understand human languages. I decided to experiment with him by communicating with him in English.

"WSHHH!" The metallic sound emitted from his face once more. His determination was very strong, but unfortunately, his goal was to end my life.

Ares charged once more, attempting to lead my attention to his left blade, while in reality he was trying to attack me with his right blade, which was hidden.

It seems he wasn't going to respect my strength; I will just have to take more cruel measures.

I returned Ares right back to his poke ball before he plunged his blade into my side; this resulted in him angrily shaking inside the ball while making a slashing noise of some sort.

I released him once more, a few meters in front of me, and he immediately charged once again. I repeated the process by returning him and releasing him over and over again until he stopped charging.

On the 27th release, he succumbed to my inevitable victory.

"Ares, you do not own me; I want to cooperate with you to achieve our mutual interests. Unt-"

Ares didn't give me a chance to speak as he lunged once more, causing me to repeat the process once again.

"This will keep happening until you submit; you are powerless, and it's going to keep being that way until you cooperate with me." Ares made the Pokémon equivalent of a sigh as he gave up, sitting down on the carpet with his arms crossed against his chest.