Chapter 5: reunion part 2

Start from the beginning

Swinging through the place, I found cameras set around the house, at entrances and living spaces. At least they were cautious of theft. But this did little to secure their house. I keep searching before I came across the security system set, it had high level sensors. I agreeably nodded at the impressive system that at least made up for their camera set up. But this now did little to help me freely come in and out of the penthouse without using the elevator. 

A ding sounded as the doors to the elevator started to split, I quickly ran to the nearest closet I could find to hide by instinct. Knowing well that there was no need, but oh well. 

"Yeah I heard Black Heart is here, in just six months she made it to the top of underground fighting. Yeah Tyler was there last night he said she skilled and perfect for the mafia. Yeah, maybe we can pay her as a fighter for the underground and make some profit. But that's a side venture, she's not who we need though, right now. We found signs of Viper in the area. He's who we need. We have been looking for a good assassin for too long and he's the best I've ever heard of. We are going to try and find him, get some men ready to start tracking him. He's on our territory we have him if he doesn't come with the pay we give him, try kidnapping him without getting murdered. Find his weaknesses I don't care how you do it. Get me Viper." 

My my. I want to laugh. Who's this goofball trying to play tom and jerry with? "Oh and Tyler, who did you say was here?" He adds. So Tyler was this guy's second in command. "Your pranks are getting old grow up bro" he chuckles while walking into the lobby. I hear footsteps approaching this very damn closet. Just my luck. I'm in the coat closet. 

Before he could turn the handle fully, a bang sounds at the top of the steps. "Skye???" He rushes. As soon as he finds his way upstairs, I get out and dash to Tyler's room to get my things. This reunion was sweet but I needed to keep it short. I changed back into the clothes I came in, neatly folding Skye's clothes while plucking my phone off the charging port. 

Before I could turn I sense a presence. 

Fuck.   

"Skye? Are you all right, I heard a crash come from your wing."

I stood still. This guy was someone I was going to have to be wary of. He was after all scouting me...trying to chain me again to a place. "Skye? Why are you quiet? Are you sick?" A hint of suspicion leaked in his tone as he stepped forward slowly. I dashed for the walk in closet, locking it behind me as he bashes against the door in his bounty to rip my throat apart. The washroom had a window, some escape route I think. Banging chimes at the door coupled with shouts of threats "open this damn door, who the fuck are you!?" Guess we'll never know.

I go into the washroom and climb the shower to unlock the window. The locks however only went so far as to a fingers length. I need to break the stoppers so it can open fully. I undo my pocket strap to unleash my trustee knife as I start picking the edges of the stopper. In doing so, I looked out to see the height at which this penthouse flew. What the hell? Why are we as high as the clouds? I'd require a death wish if I wanted to use this as an escape route. But did I have a choice?

The inner voice in my head said fuck yeah, now you do. But my idiotic self said no. As I walked back into the closet to find something of use, I calculated the distance and free fall. It seemed impossible but it could be done. I just needed a damn parachute or web suit. The silence from the other end however bothered me. Where did he go? Has he gone to get the security? Has he called the cops? He is the damn American Mafia why would he do that?

I take my chance as I approach the door to unlock it and walk out. The room was empty as dead pin silence followed. Something was certainly fishy but I couldn't put my finger on it. Before I could ponder, I pulled myself up the bed post, pushing myself to the ceiling by pressuring myself against the small dents of the interior design to get to the dip in the ceiling. As I do so, a head peaks out from behind the main door, cheeky. Thankfully, he didn't notice me trail up to the ceiling as I watched him move around the room to gather me missing. He had a big build...a nice build. "Just great" his green eyes angrily glanced around before rushing out the door with his wavering charcoal hair.

I let go swiftly landing on the floor with the swiftness of a cat. What trance state was I in for a sec there? Creepy. Time to leave.

The elevator dings.

Was this guy going to leave or was he waiting for his army?

"Stella?" Tyler shouts. Well isn't that perfect timing. I quickly make it over to the corridor, slipping into the next room. Why was I continuing to play hide and seek? Why was I asking myself so many DAMN QUESTIONS. I've been messing around way too much lately, following what was known as my spirit rather than my logic. "Stella?" Mason follows. I silence my heartbeat and stand still waiting for them to leave this area so I can get out and move towards the exit.

"Stella?" James continues. Musketeers, How did they just poof into the same place at the same time? Were they not at work? I still wonder who that 4th guy is.

The sound of footsteps reverberating the wooden floors diminished as time went, allowing me to finally exhale. I listen in for any more signs of life before turning the handle and stepping foot outside but when I did, my head collided with the wall.

Ouch.

Hope you guys like this chapter. Tell me what you think ;)

~Love Carmen's Shadow