Snapdragon [Chapter-12]

Start from the beginning

Yu ZiYuan felt very sympathetic for the child. He had to go through so much from such a young age. And she was part of the reason why he had to.

She smiled softly, but didn’t say anything.

Spring time can only come after the harsh winter. However, some end up dead in that cold snow by the time winter is over.

Some scars will always stay. And Yu ZiYuan will always hold the guilt of not treating her children well when she had the chance to.

"In any case...we must-"

Boom!

"What the f-?" Yu ZiYuan wanted to curse, rules be damned. But Lan WangJi was still there.

Wei WuXian knitted his brows, "It sounds like something is happening outside."

Lan WangJi already sprang up on his feet and started to briskly walk towards the door.

"A battle. Jiang WanYin is still here."

Yu ZiYuan thought so. A crash like that definitely sounded like something Zidian would sound like.

"Let's go." Wei WuXian muttered seriously.

_________________________________________

The attack on Cloud Recesses was by fierce corpses, again.

Jiang Cheng was seamlessly switching between his sword and Zidian, the spiritual weapon letting out strings of purple lightning, cracking loudly.

Lan SiZhui and Lan JingYi opted for teamwork, fighting back to back.

The Elders, including Lan Qiren, were all fighting their hardest.

Jiang Cheng was about to get attacked by a fierce corpse from behind. He sensed it. And turned around.

Blood. There was already blood dancing in front of his eyes. And in that dancing blood, danced another young woman. Her eyes were fierce, and the slash of her sword was powerful. It reminded him of a certain person.

Zidian cracked even louder than usual seeing the scene in front of him.

Yu ZiYuan stood on her feet and looked at the ground, at the dead corpse, and smiled.

"Pesky creatures."

Her voice was brimmed with fearless confidence. She looked at Jiang Cheng for a slight second.

Zidian cracked even louder.

Jiang Cheng couldn’t ignore it this time, "What's wrong with it? Why..." before he could finish his sentence, another corpse charged at them.

They both sprang up. And Jiang Cheng swore that he saw an unexplainable fondness in her eyes.

Lan WangJi took out his Guqin, while Wei WuXian brought out Chenqing. Together, they played a melody, so smooth, so soothing.

WangXian.

Yu ZiYuan immediately saw the fierce corpses relaxing. And there was the chance.

Lan Qiren commanded, "Everyone! This is our chance!"

Slash! Slash! Slash! Went on the fight. Blood coloured the grounds of Cloud Recesses, bodies covered the blood around.

Jiang Cheng noticed how every time Zidian cracked louder than it should when he was near that young maiden. He felt like he had seen her before.

He tried to remember where they had met before, although it didn’t help much because most of his concentration was in the fight.

After almost all the fierce corpses were slain, Lan WangJi gritted his teeth, "Didn’t we make the barriers stronger after the last attack? How did they break it again?"

"We have Hanguang-Jun." a disciple nearby answered, dodging a hand and slaying the corpse, "We put even more spiritual energy than before to form the barrier."

Wei WuXian suddenly thought of something unthinkable. But it matched, didn’t it?

The last fierce corpse was slain. Wei WuXian immediately commanded, "Everyone, stand where you are." his words held the most gravity they had ever heard him speaking with. No could bring themselves to disobey him.

"What?" Lan JingYi whispered quickly, his body was already bathed in blood. At this point he was used to slaying a large number of fierce corpses.

Lan WangJi eyed Wei WuXian, seemingly understanding his train of thoughts. Wei WuXian looked back at him, "Are you thinking what I am thinking?"
"Mn. Probably."

Lan SiZhui wiped the blood off his hands with a handkerchief. He was anxious as he awaited Wei WuXian's words.

Jiang Cheng sheathed Sandu and turned Zidian into a ring again.

Everyone stood silent.

Wei WuXian finally spoke up, his words loud and clear.

"The enemy is among us."

............

"WHAT??????" An elder exclaimed, then he quickly composed himself and coughed, "Ah. Apologies. I meant, how exactly?"

Wei WuXian looked at the elder with a respecting but serious gaze, "The enemy is a disciple of the Lan sect."

_________________________________________

A/N: Snapdragon symbolises deceit.