Iris [Chapter-5]

Yu ZiYuan looked at the familiar entrance of Cloud Recesses. It hadn't changed at all, even though Cloud Recesses had been burned down once before.

But even that was so long ago. She had been dead for 13 years. More than a decade has passed since the time she had taken her last breath in her last life.

Yu ZiYuan spoke to Jin Ling, "Young Master Jin, have you brought the invitation?"
"Yes. Here it is."
"Great."

In front of the Cloud Recesses gates, there were two familiar figures.

One was undoubtedly Lan WangJi. The other was Wei WuXian, in the body of Mo XuanYu.

Lan WangJi looked as stoic as always, but the light in his eyes had been different from it had been 13 years ago. He was no longer the inexperienced teenager Yu ZiYuan had last seen.

Right now, both Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi were grown men, the position they were in, was the position she and her generation were in 13 years ago. Her own son had grown up to an amazing and proudworthy sect leader.

Yu ZiYuan smiled unconsciously.

At least two of them were safe. She wished Jiang YanLi lived to see this sight of then being strong and reliable.

But just then, she remembered how awful Jiang Cheng and Wei WuXian's relationship was at the moment. She figured Jiang YanLi would be sad for that. She sighed.

'A-Li, I really can't decide if it was good or bad that you died without seeing them grow up.'

Truth be told, maybe Jiang YanLi would have been able to glue then together somehow again, but the fact that their relationship had already been very strained after the war was apparent from what she had heard from others.

It was precisely because of Wei WuXian's use of demonic cultivation as well as siding with the innocent Wen remnants. There was the issue with the Stygian Tiger Amulet as well. And Jin ZiXuan's death was the last call for the end.

Yu ZiYuan looked came forward and bowed along with everyone else, "HanGuang-Jun, Yiling Patriarch."

Wei WuXian smiled, "Welcome to Cloud Recesses."

Lan WangJi nodded before gently speaking, "We pray and hope that you all have a pleasant time here."

Wei WuXian looked at Jin Ling, grinning, "Aiyah, look who's here."

Jin Ling humphed as he turned a light shade of red, "What's wrong with me coming?"
"Nothing at all." Laughed Wei WuXian softly, he then looked at Yu ZiYuan and spoke, "Ah, Xiao-Guniang. You are here too."

Lan WangJi raised his eyebrows in curiosity. Wei WuXian spoke, "Lan Zhan, she is Xiao MingYu. We met a few months before."

Yu ZiYuan bowed, "It is my utmost honour to be here. This lowly one greets Senior Wei and HanGuang-Jun."

Lan WangJi smiled lightly as he nodded, "Mn. Alright."

Wei WuXian pouted, "Hey! Stop smiling. You are not allowed to smile in front of anyone else. Your smile is only for me, okay?"

Lan WangJi still continued to smile as he spoke, "Mn. Only for Wei Ying."

Wei WuXian spoke whining, "Er-Gege, you say that but you are still smiling. Isn't that lying?"
"Lying is prohibited in Cloud Recesses. Lans do not lie."

Jin Ling made a gagging sound. Yu ZiYuan 'pfft'-ed out a laugh.  Wei WuXian fake glared at them, then he sighed, "Ah well. Then let's get inside."

The disciples who were craving tea for some drama seeing the PDA of Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi finally went inside and settled themselves.