Snapdragon [Chapter-12]

The Jinshi was as elegant as its owner, Yu ZiYuan had to admit that. There was not much furniture, in fact there was just what was needed, nothing more, but nothing less either.

The whole cottage was styled in a very simple but elegant fashion. There was not much colour as the rooms were decorated in simple colours. However, there was an ugly, cheap tortoise in the middle of everything that was intricate.

...Yu ZiYuan didn’t know how that came to belong here, but she was sure it was something related to Wei WuXian.

Lan WangJi was a slave to that boy, as much as that boy is a slave to Lan WangJi.

Sigh, that little boy...he was now a 30 something year old man. But she still saw that little boy in him.

No matter how much a child grows up, to the adults, a child remains a child in the eyes of the adults.

Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi guided Yu ZiYuan to the middle table to sit.

"Aunt Yu, please." Wei WuXian requested with utmost respect. He saw a plethora of emotions flash in Yu ZiYuan's eyes.

She sat elegantly and gracefully, but they held power. Lan WangJi sat beside Wei WuXian in a similar manner.

"I will not beat around the bush. WangJi, A-Xian, I am almost sure this has something to do with me. However, if A-Cheng were to be involved in this..."
"He will eventually find out anyway, Aunt Yu. I hate to say this, but it won't go unnoticed by him forever. I tried to conceal my own identity to the world, but it still came out in the front." Wei WuXian said with such a serious tone, Yu ZiYuan quieted down and contemplated her choices.

Lan WangJi nodded, "Madam Yu needs to be prepared lest it comes to that. We will obviously try to conceal your identity. However it may stand to be an issue."

Secrets cannot be held forever, this much was clear. No matter the time, the truth had to come out one day.

Yu ZiYuan sighed, "I...what should I say to him? I don’t know how to face him, which is partially the reason why I don’t want to tell him who I am...and A-Ling...that child..."
"Partial reason?" Wei WuXian probed.

"Yes."
"What's the other reason?"

Yu ZiYuan looked at her cup of tea, "I want to stay low to see their reaction."
"Are you waiting for the enemy to act up?" Wei WuXian smiled at her.

Yu ZiYuan's lips curled upwards, her eyes losing their warmth, "Correct."
"Great minds think alike." Wei WuXian nodded with his eyes closed.

Lan WangJi noticed the smiling expressions they had and coughed slightly, "Regardless of that, we cannot deny that we know almost nothing of our enemy."

Wei WuXian looked at him, "That's true. We need to be extra careful."

Yu ZiYuan sighed, "I have a bad feeling that it's related to Zidian."
"Mn?" Lan WangJi looked at her.

"Don’t get me wrong. I don’t know anything." Yu ZiYuan shrugged, acting quite like someone of the age of Xiao MingYu, "But my instincts are telling me it's related to that. Such a lethal weapon, but I know nothing about it. It was a weapon that was inherited from people to people. My grandfather was the original owner of it. But he never told me about its origins. I didn’t ask him about it either." Yu ZiYuan's voice quieted down as she spoke about it, "I wish I had...maybe then we would have gotten somewhere with this."

Wei WuXian put a hand over hers, "Aunt Yu, it’s not your fault." He smiled, "You didn’t know this would happen. Fate is unpredictable." He seemed to speak from experience.