Fainting Spells

"I honestly like the hotel, cozy vibe to it." With a smile on her face, [NAME] sipped her water and held Husk's hand.

"Pfft, I guess. I just hate that Alastor forced us." Husk grabbed a beer for himself and rolled his eyes. Charlie soon appeared around the corner, smiling broadly and holding out her hands while Vaggie stayed by her side.

"Hey, you two! I'm gathering everyone to meet up at the parlor! We are gonna do an activity together." Charlie exclaimed excitedly before hurriedly walking around the hotel looking for a porn celebrity. Husk leaned his head against the counter, sighing. The older man gave a little purr when [NAME] stroked their head.

"You're so dramatic. It ain't even that bad. Come on, kitty, let's go." [NAME] persuaded her spouse to relocate, and he complied. When [NAME] finally sat up and closed her eyes for a little while, then opened them again and grinned at him, he continued to keep watch over her. With a smile of his own, he took her hand and led her to the parlor. Gathering around the couch, they bided their time until the remaining members of the cast arrived.

Angel took a seat on the couch next [NAME] and Nifty, who were lying on the ground holding a dead rat that she killed with her needles. With nowhere to put Vaggie down on the floor, Alastor had his own red sofa all to himself. Charlie was in the center of the parlor discussing ways that the workers may engage and earn redemptions. Husk just played with her hair to pass the time as she was bored, staring at Charlie.

"OR we can do a mini talent show and show off our skills! Oh, I wanna do that." Charlie announced and Angel smirked at that. 

"Sure, I am sooo down for that." Angel definitely had an idea but Vaggie beat to him first. 

"No sex involve." Vaggie told him off which he rolled his eyes. 

"Actually, that doesn't seem like a bad idea." She gently got a hold of her husband's arm and shake him a little. "It will be fun to relive those magical moments." 

"Absolutely not." Husk quickly disregarded that requested. 

"Oh, come on. Show us your skills! Pleaseeee." Husk looked away to avoid his wife's and the princess's beseeching eyes as the princess implored.

"Please, Husk, it'll be so...much...uh-fudnshh..." [NAME] was beginning to stumble over her sentences and her mind was beginning to feel cloudy. Charlie looked confusedly at the girl as Husk turned to face the woman, whose eyes were beginning to seem dead.

"Is she okay? [NAME]?" Charlie inquired, and [NAME] tried to regain her vision by staring off, but it was gradually becoming less visible.

"Oh, here we go again." Gazing at the woman who was beginning to feel numb throughout her body, Alastor laughed. [NAME] passed out into Husk's arms as soon as they were in front of him. Vaggie got to his feet to give Charlie a better view, and Charlie gasped and put her hand on [NAME]'s shoulder. Calm, Husk pressed her body up against the couch.

"Ah shit, she good?" Husk lay [NAME]'s body down on the couch as Angel got up from it. He depressed a timer he had in his pocket to see how long [NAME] had been unconscious.

"OMG, OMG, OMG, what do we do?!" Charlie looked around the hotel and Husk sighed. 

"Princess, she's fine. She has vasovagal syncope, she had that for years even when she was alive. She'll be okay." The staff was fearfully staring at the body, but Husk calmed them down by letting them know that he wasn't even panicking; he was only waiting for her to wake up.

"Perhaps, we should move to the bar, give the girl space to recover." Alastor made a suggestion and started to move away. Charlie reluctantly left with the others as Angel brought up something else to divert their attention away from [NAME]'s situation.

A minute later, [NAME] gently opened her eyes, but her vision was fuzzy, and she could only hear ringing in her ears. Husk knelt down and covered [NAME]'s face with his wings to shield her from the bright lights that could overwhelm her. He then talked quietly to her.

"It's alright, I'm here." Her eyes soon recovered as he stroked her cheek, which was gradually healing from her ordeal. Even though her hearing wasn't the best, she could comprehend Husk. She moved her eyes until they met, and he gave her a kind grin. Husk planted a tiny kiss on her forehead and told her that although her body was trembling, they were regrettably side symptoms of her illness. Grinning, she reached out to give him a quick peck on the cheek. Typically, [NAME] would rather spend time alone with her partner during moments such as these in order to replenish her energy.

"Okay, I'm feeling better. Thank you."

~~~

The cast quickly became more knowledgeable about [NAME]'s ailment and the warning indicators for when it manifests. Angel Dust experienced it when they were playing cards alone and [NAME]'s body began to warm. Having taken a cue from Husk, Angel Dust would grab her, put her on her back, and elevate her legs to allow blood to flow to her brain.

When the friends were out at a restaurant, Husk's cat sense would go off and he would nonchalantly snag [NAME]'s head before it hit the table. Husk was an expert at catching his wife. Husk tolerated the condition for the most part, and for years they helped one another and looked out for one another. Whether or if her illness improves, she will always be happy that she married a good-hearted man and made sure to show him her affection.

~~~

Remember to vote!