- EPILOGUE -

Mulai dari awal

"Main?" He asked removing his hand from the table. His eyes widened in surprise. "Haan. Bohot shauq hai na tumhe, toh ab banao"
He quickly recovered, accepting the challenge with a determined look. "Okay" he said confidently. "Tum dekhna tumse bhi zyada accha khana banaunga"

I stepped back, watching as he took charge of the kitchen. He acted all confident but then took a pause and looked at me. "Kya karna hai?"  I laughed.

"Pehle woh paneer nikalo"  he obeyed.
We were enjoying the moment, the laughter and chatter surrounding the house as I instructed him what to do.
He managed to steal a few kisses when he moved around the kitchen for bringing something and I guess I secretly enjoyed it.

Kaisay kahu mai tumsa koi
Koi na hai
Mai tere aas paas rahu
Dil veeraan hai
Jazbaat mere sabhi
Tu hi jaanay
Jithna bhi dekhu
Dil bhar na paaye

Kaisa sama hai
Hum tum yahan hain
Zaahir karu kiya hain jo
Mereiraaday
Terehawaalaymai
Kisi bahaanay
Zaahir karukiya hain jo
Mereiraaday
Mere, mere iraaday

[IRAADAY by Abdul Hannan]

FAHAD
We finished dinner a while ago, Laiba and I sat on the couch. The food was tasty I couldn't help but brag about how good it was since I made it.

I placed an order for cake and other things and started texting someone to make sure they would be on time. Laiba, being curious, tried to take a peek at my phone and asked, "Kisse baat kar rahe ho?"

"Laila se" I joked and bit my lip trying to control my laugh.

Turns out she didn't find it funny at all. She got a bit angry, I could see her glaring at me annoyed. "Phone dikhaye apna" she said trying to grab my phone.

"Hello Mr.Aziz" I quickly acted like I was on a phone call, pretending to talk to someone. She sighed in frustration and turned her attention to the TV

We were watching a movie, since we decided to stay up until midnight. But around 11:40, I glanced over at her and saw that she had dozed off. Her head was slightly bent, and her legs were resting on my lap. She looked so peaceful and cute.

I gently took the remote from her hand and carefully made her lie down on the couch, placing a pillow behind her neck for support. She looked so adorable, all snuggled up and fast asleep.

Just as I settled her down, I received a message. It was from the delivery person with Laiba's birthday cake, balloons and flowers. I quickly made my way to the door, trying not to make any noise so I wouldn't wake her up.

I brought the cake and flowers inside and arranged them on the table, eagerly waiting for it to be 12.

11:58

11:59

12:00
I looked at my phone screen in excitement.
I reached out and lightly touched her shoulder, "Laiba" I said in a barely audible tone hoping to wake her up. Her eyes slowly fluttered open, and I smiled whispering, "Happy birthday," placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

Her face lit up even more, a smile spreading across her face as she wrapped her arms around me, giving me a tight hug. "Thank youu"

We cut the cake together, and fed each other a slice. Soon enough, Laiba's phone started ringing with calls from family and friends wishing her a happy birthday. She answered each call with a huge smile on her face, thanking everyone.