24| Falling for you

LAIBA
We got into the car, and as we drove, I kept asking Fahad where we were going but he remained silent.

After a short drive, he stopped the car, and when I stepped out, right infront of me was an orphanage board. I turned towards him and he gave me a smile.

We entered the warden's cabin. She greeted us and talked to Fahad like they already knew each other.

"Sir..yeh aapki wife hai?"
"Haan..She's Laiba. Laiba this is Ms. Samina"
I smiled at her.

"Main mil sakta hun bacchon se?"

"Yes sir..sure. Kal jab se maine unhe bataya hai..ke aap aa rahe..sab bohot excited hai" she replied.

Fahad stepped outside and I engrossed in a conversation with the warden.
"Aapki shadi recently hui hai?" she asked as we walked.

"Ji" I replied.

"Woh maine aapko yaha pehli baar dekha hai isliye..
hamesha sir akele aate the"

"Fahad yahan aksar aate hai?"

"Yes mam, aur jab bhi aate hai..poora din bacchon ke saath bitate hai. Bacche bhi bohot pasand karte hai unhe.
Fahad sir ne iss orphanage ko fund kiya hai, bohot madad ki hai unhone bacchon ke liye." Surprise took over me as I listened to her.

"He's a very kind-hearted person. Aap bohot lucky hai" 
A sense of admiration washed over me and I couldn't help but smile.

Ms. Samina excused herself from there. I came outside to the garden where the children were playing,running around and laughing. Their smiles were contagious.

I watched as Fahad played with the children, his face lighting up with joy. Seeing his genuine care and love for them, I felt a warmth spreading through me.

As I walked over and joined him, a smile naturally formed on my lips.

In that moment, everything kind of became a blur. The way he interacted with the kids, the kindness in his eyes.
I've always seen him as this workaholic serious person, buried in responsibilities. But today he was so different. Him playing with the kids was the cutest thing ever.

I reminisced Ms. Samina's words and a mix of emotions engulfed me. Confusion, surprise, and maybe even a hint of attraction.

We spent a few hours interacting with the children, playing games, listening to their stories, and giving them hugs. It was such a heartwarming experience, knowing that even in a small way, we could bring some happiness into their lives.

Ms. Samina approached us and thanked us for taking time to visit and spend time with the children.

Fahad and I walked out together. We got into the car and he put his arm behind my seat while looking back to take the car out of parking.

I stole a glance at him, thoughts rushed in my mind.
He is a genuinely good person, someone I can truly connect with. I wondered why I could never see this side of him.

As I looked at this man, I felt incredibly lucky that he is MY husband.

Saathiyaa, Saathiyaa
Pagle se dil ne yeh kya kiya
Chun liya, Chun liya
Tujhko deewane ne chun liya

Dil toh uda uda re aasman
Mein badlon ke sang
Yeh toh machal machal
Ke gaa raha hai sun nayi si dhun
[SAATHIYAA from SINGHAM]

**************

Laiba sat in the car, gazing out of the window. Suddenly, something caught her eye, and she exclaimed, "Fahad, gaadi roko"