Chapter 24: Friends In All Shapes and Sizes!

Start from the beginning

"Let's get out of here!" Donald exclaims and the group takes off as fast as they could. Ruby trips over her own feet and rolls into Sora.

"Ouch..." Ruby whines as she lays on her back beside Sora.

"Going somewhere?" The first male asks and a roar is heard, "Man, that Scar's got the worst timing!"

"Just let him roar." The female states. Another roar calls out.

"Nah, we better go see what he wants. Sounds like he's grumpy enough already." The male states.

"Fine." The female replies and the Hyenas take off.

"Really? They ran away?" Ruby asks.

"I dunno what that was about, but I'm glad it's over." Sora states.

"Let's go." Ruby states.

"Everything's harder on four legs." Sora adds.

"Better start practicing." Donald explains.

"I found a trick to it. Here, let me show ya." Goofy says. They practice their walking and they head out of the area to find an adult lioness being chased by Heartless.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Sora asks.

"Heartless?" Donald asks.

"What do we do?" Goofy asks. Sora runs over ahead to help Nala. Ruby ran over with him. The Keyblade appears in Sora's mouth. Sora fights off the Heartless while Ruby stays with Nala.

"Definitely Heartless." Sora states after the battle is over.

"Thank you. You really saved me. I'm Nala." Nala explains.

"No problem. I'm Ruby and these three are Sora, Donald and Goofy." Ruby explains.

"We're just glad you're okay." Goofy states.

"Did you see any other Heartless around here?" Sora asks.

"Heartless... Is that what they're called? I'm not sure if there are any others... I don't usually hunt outside the Pride Lands." She replies.

"Pride Lands?" Donald asks.

"Hey, do you know if a guy named Riku is there? Of some bad guys in black hoods?" Sora asks.

"We're... looking for our friends." Ruby explains.

"Or maybe this really big bully named Pete?" Sora asks. Nala shakes her head.

"Oh well, we might as well go take a look, anyway." Sora explains.

"Wait—the Pride Lands are dangerous." Nala warns, "Scar and the hyenas have made things unbearable for everyone. There's no food left. They've driven off the prey. We're about to starve."

"We can handle a little danger." Sora assures her.

"Yeah, you did just see them beat those Heartless, didn't you?" Ruby asks.

"I guess you're right. You could be just what the kingdom needs. Maybe you can help us." Nala explains.

"Ya mean take on this Scar guy and all those hyenas?" Goofy asks.

"Scar?" Donald asks.

"He took over when our last king, Mufasa died." Nala explains.

"So, you're saying this guy is your king?" Sora asks.

"There's always a villain." Ruby mutters.

"You want us to take down your King?" Sora asks. Nala nods and Ruby looks at Sora.