Breath in, breath out

Gentle hand on rosy cheek.

Sensual kiss on sharp collarbone.

Fingers teasingly tickling the delicate skin on pale neck.

Breath in.

Breath out.

Aggressive grip on small wrist.

Two scratches on freckled arm.

Stifled sound.

Shallow and rapid breathing.

Two bodies aching to collide with each other.

A sticky mess of arms, legs and fever.

Raspberry lips hungrily searching for...

Burning.

Itchy burning heat.

Desert, impatient breath and cold but passionate one.

Finally, they will be united.

Just one breath in.

Just one breath out.

It's almost there:

Long-awaited doom...

The sound of gasping for air.

The sight of a silhouette sitting down abruptly on a colorful bed.

The close-up of sweaty hands unconsciously gripping the sheets.

The dark figure sitting at the desk across the room turning and narrowing deep dark eyes.

"What the fuck?!" A raspy voice sharply cuts the small space. Two strands of hair fall on the girl's face. She sloppily tucks them behind her ear; she stares blankly ahead, as if suspended between the world of dreams and the world of the living. Which of these is she now?

Heavy, confident footsteps hit the wooden floor.

One, two, three, four — they are closer to the place where the two worlds collapsed.

Five, six, seven, eight — they are there.

The long-standing parquet creaks under the pressure of the tiny figure.

A dumbfounded girl turns her head.

"Enid." The petite figure says; black eyes shamelessly pin the girl sitting on the bed. Enid raises her shaky hand to her face and covers her mouth, still speechless for some unknown reason. At least that's what the dark-eyed girl thinks.

Enid's pupils are surprisingly dilated. At first glance, it might seem that black has absorbed the intense and bright blue color of her magnificent eyes.

"Enid." The dark girl repeats herself. The blonde still, clearly, doesn't understand what world she finds herself in. The figure with two braids sighs with pretended weariness and tries one more time.

"Enid. That was just a... bad dream. Nothing more." She gently leans over her.

The blonde's blue eyes after these words (or maybe after this unexpected move from the brunette) seem to get even more lost in the stormy black sea.

"Wednesday?" Enid asks.

Wednesday simply nods and tilts her head slightly, as if waiting for some more expressive reaction from her roommate.

But there is just silence.

Unnerving silence that Wednesday isn't used to.

Because how could she be?