Because why should it be? (Part I)

Wednesday aggressively types on her old typewriter. It's almost midnight, and she's having trouble finishing one of the chapters of her new mysterious book.

Even Thing has no idea what the story is about.

Wednesday definitely will not make the same mistake as four months ago, when she decided to let the cat out of the bag and told that disembodied — and very disgraceful — hand everything about the main plot.

Of course, that little bastard blurted everything to Enid the second he knew everything about the story.

And for an unknown reason, that compassionate, shamefully colorful girl was so excited about Viper having a... love interest.

Not about extremely complicated, multifaceted narration of the story; not dangerously ambivalent and unpredictable characters. Not even tiny marks of dark... humor, the moody daughter of Morticia and Gomez Addams decided to — for story development's sake, obviously — create.

And Wednesday couldn't tell why, but Enid regularly was telling her that Viper and her companion have been in some ways "very, very, like seriously, very... did you notice that, Wednesday" similar to them.

Yes, Wednesday evidently noticed that. She wasn't brainless; her werewo... her roommate was not brainless either, as you can see. Nevertheless, that's not even the most important point.

But for once, for Wednesday, the similarity is not that clear.

Because why should it be?

"It's late, Wednesday."

A warm but strict voice rudely pulls Wednesday out of her pleasantly dark mind.

"I'm aware, Enid." Wednesday answers bluntly, and the young werewolf can tell her roommate surely is not in a very upstanding mood.

The blue-eyed girl sighs, looking significantly at Wednesday. Her friend is sitting at the desk, her hands resting calmly on the edge, but one of her fingers beats rhythmically on the smooth wooden edge; subtly revealing that the girl is not as calm as she would like to appear.

Wednesday still hasn't made eye contact with her roommate, so Enid simply chooses to burn two blue holes in the back of her little grumpy bestie.

The most gloomy member of the Addams family straightens her back and her deadly talkative friend just knows the brown-haired girl clenches her jaw exactly at this moment.

"Enid."

Enid smiles.

"Yes, Wednesday?" Blonde asks innocently using her sweetly poisonous irritating voice.

"You are staring." Sharp and irritated words come out of the smaller girl's mouth.

"Yhm." Enid murmurs dreamily.

Murmurs.

How impertinent.

Wednesday heavily sighs.

Enid harder smiles.

Small hands grip the wooden desk and one of the delicate fingers stops playing a mysterious melody, but a dangerous yet inconspicuous body still doesn't want to turn around. It's probably doing it on purpose, though. Enid knows Wednesday is stubborn. Wednesday knows Enid knows it.

Wednesday also knows that Enid is also stubborn, stupidly stubborn.

And she cannot tolerate such thoughtless behavior, yet she somehow tolerates it.

"What do you want?" Stifled words come out with difficulty from a clenched jaw.

Quiet.

Very smiley quiet.