Death Spiral Incident - Part 1

Start from the beginning

If the Blue Rose was going here, anyway, then she should at least have some fun outside, right?

She grumbled in dissatisfaction. Not being allowed due to reasons made her feel strange.

"I'll just beat up a dummy."

With that conclusion, Clementine, in boredom, began to do what she wanted to do..... At least it will take some time before she could actually ask the old, creepy boss any work to do, or he comes himself.

[ ~ Line • Break ~ ]

Ninya was further devastated as she tried to ask many people where her other party members were.

Despite the seemingly countless undead attacking many parts of the city at once, she still tried.

Nobody gave her a reasonable answer, being too focused on panicking or on fighting for the City.

But, she did find out that more than 2,700 humans were turned into zombies, and the numbers were possibly growing by the moment.

Swarms of living skeletons were also charging and indiscriminately killing anything living on their path.

The guild and the adventurers were assisting with all they can, but all they can do is suppress the monsters before the higher ranked adventuring groups arrived.

"[Triplet: Magic Arrow]!" She yelled out, pointing her staff towards a group of living skeletons, creating three magic circles that shoot out little balls of light that penetrate through many of them.

Where was she going now?

She did not know.

Although she encountered zombies, they didn't notice her yet, so she hid on a closed space where she won't be discovered.

With a sigh, she took a short little rest before leaving to further investigate what truly happened.

Once she found the people who had become zombified, she was incredibly shocked, her naivety beginning to kick in due to the people resembling who they once were.

Before she could try to leave, more zombified people appeared from behind, surrounding her from all sides.

"What are you doing?! Don't you know who you are?" She asked them, yet the only responses that was given were empty groans.

Several zombies that were dressed as adventurers immediately charged towards her with swords crudely raised to attack.

And her response was pointing her staff towards the zombies, creating several magic circles in fright.

"Gale Blast! Fire Laser! Icicle Lance!"

Despite her frantic casting of spells that killed dozens of zombies, the amount of zombies seemed endless.

At that point, she was beginning to run out of mana, and she began to realize something had to be done.

"If you are in trouble, just open the scroll."

"..... Lord Ragna, I need your help!"

She opened the scroll, and poof! It vanished, surrounding the area with smoke.

At first she thought nothing had happened, before she was carried up to a rooftop.

"Hm, nice view up here. What's up, doc, having trouble? Oh, your face says it all."

And there he was, like a knight in shining armor under the moonlight, gazing upon the many zombies under them.

Still, there was something she wanted to ask.

"Lord Ragna, do you have the ability to restore people from those states they had?" She asked, thinking if he could really do that.

"Sorry, but these people are only soulless husks of themselves by now. If you were early, then there could be a better chance to lower the causalities." He explained, nodding his head.

Suddenly, with a smile he prepared to leap back down.

"But of course, I was becoming quite excited about killing lots of them. In better terms, ripping and tearing them apart, like a Legendary Demon Slayer in Green."

Legendary Demon Slayer? Although she asked him about who that guy was, Ragna just replied that he's the one who killed several millions of demons, and entire world that had them, and their god, armed with strength unrivalled and skill that nobody in this world could match.

(Referring to DOOMGUY©)

That meant Ragna probably was taught his ways of combat by that guy?

'.... Hell, I'll just believe his stories next time. Unbelievable as they are, I can't believe I'm hearing epic stories from him!'

All that was needed, was....

"Alright! Time to rip and tear, until it's done!"

Ragna leaped down, staring the carnage once he landed.

[ ~ TO • BE • CONTINUED ~ ]