Before the Death Spiral (?)

Ninya stood behind a carriage where a stagecoach had been waiting for a few minutes since he and the carriage has been prepared.

Right now she was in her usual clothing where she was an adventurer and it seems like she was troubled.

She was about to leave her sister and go alone without Ragna around, and doubted her companions would be happy to see her once again after being missing for two days.

How could she explain it to them, though?

Well, at least a light pouch full of silver coins was on her hand.

"Ninya, you're leaving now? I mean, it's too early for you to leave, the sun is already rising!" Tsuare asked, standing beside Ragna as she felt worried about Ninya.

And her redheaded sister, letting go of her worries, smiled at her.

"Don't worry about it! I'll be back the next day, I promise!" Ninya replied before she entered the carriage and glanced at them.

"Hey, Ninya! Don't forget the scroll I gave you, it will be the most essential tool you will need at times of terrible danger!" Ragna spoke at a clearly loud voice, which allowed Ninya to take note of it.

When the stagecoach asked her if she was ready to leave, she simply answered a yes and the two horses pulling the carriage began to move forwards.

She waved her hands at both Ragna and Tsuare, who replied with the same gesture.

And now, the redhead waits, and waits and waits.

It'll take hours for the stagecoach's horses to reach E-Rantel, so the journey bored her.

To get around that boredom, she'd either spend her time practicing magic through small embers forming in front of her, currents of visible electricity, then switching to cold snowflakes, before glowing gusts of wind appeared.

Smiling to herself, she decided to keep training herself until she manifests different elements at once.

Along the way, she had defeated several beasts with simple Tier 1 or Tier 2 Magic Spells.

[ ~ Line • Break ~ ]

Meanwhile, in E-Rantel.... at the same time Ninya has left to return to this city.....

An old man began to chuckle in a creepy fashion, as he stared at a boy that looked to be trying to struggle against a certain woman's grasp. And of course, said woman was injured, albeit slightly.

It was of no problem for someone like her.

"Hohohoho.... Clementine, you took longer than usual." This old, wrinkly man spoke, glancing at a blonde woman who stabbed a stiletto beside the head of the boy, scaring him.

"I've had some trouble earlier. Just a bunch of Gold Plates pretending to be Silver Plates." Clementine replied sarcastically, stretching her body as if to relieve some stress.

Though it didn't really matter to the two, actually.

After all, they have their own goals in mind.

The old man smirked wondrously, as if his goals were standing right in front of him.

"Nfirea Bareare, a boy who was the talent to use any magic items, wonderful! This is merely a step forward into our plans!" He excitedly yelled out, just before he suddenly became emotionless once more. ".... Now, mother.... Soon, just wait for me, your son is about to ascend!"

Meanwhile, Clementine inwardly sighed.

'.... Tsk.... Damn it, I thought they were getting closer.... Even so, I'm starting to question my subordination to Zurrenorn despite the steel hard protection from the Theocracy....' She wanted something interesting to happen, she wanted someone interesting to kill.

With the exception of those people she killed from earlier. They were quite strong and had good tactics, and they said this Ragna even taught them. It was only when she was serious that they were actually defeated.

Not just that, the moment she killed the party was when members of the Windflower Scripture suddenly attacked through the shadows, injuring her more in her way. She never told Zurrenorn about her encounter with the members of the scripture.

"Clementine, what are you doing? Bring him down to the basement already!"

"Right, right~"

Clementine took out one of her stilettos and lightly jabbed it into the arm of the boy, making him yell out in pain. His voice only muffled by a thick clothing.

Soon enough, the stiletto's effects came, and Nfirea became silent and empty-eyed.

"Now, come on, boy! Get up and follow me and Nigun~" Clementine sultrily whispered on his ear, walking towards the entrance of Zurrenorn's main base. "After all, everyone is waiting~!"

Nfirea silently followed in a trance-like state, and Clementine merely chuckled lightly, treating everything else as if it's nothing for her.

Yet it seems like the one who commanded her, Nigun, grunted, following them without much problem.

"Hm, Clementine. My plans haven't changed, we strike at night, where the full moon is expected to come. All undead at that time is at their strongest." Nigun confidently spoke, nodding his head once. "Soon.... thousands of souls will be consumed, and E-Rantel will be destroyed, ruins shall then replace it!"

"Zurrenorn shall erupt from the shadows!"

[ ~ Line • Break ~ ]

Meanwhile, around E-Rantel, one old butler stared at the surroundings in front of him. Behind him were two women, one was blonde and the other had crimson hair.

The former seemed to look disappointed at him.

"I was too late, was I?" The old man spoke, staring at the destroyed building before him. He clenched his fist, and looked regretful at the scenario in front of him.

"Lady Albedo told us to not interfere too much in human events like this, Sebas. Why do you look so stubborn?" The blond woman asked, and the butler sighed.

Then he gazed at her with such murderous intent that she seemed to flinch at it.

"It was merely a minor event, Solution. Nothing major, why did you not let me do what was needed?" He asked, shaking his head. "The strong should protect the weak, no matter who that person was. Those were the words of my creator before he vanished."

His fist loosened, turning around to leave. Faking a cough, he glanced at the people that were approaching the scenery.

"Now, Lady Sofia and her mercenary, Lupus.... Shall we leave?"

Lady Sofia, or Solution Epsilon gave him a small smile.

"Of course. Other than that, what do you think about her approaching this city?"

".... She would destroy this city, what was she even thinking?"

The three undercover denizens of Nazarick left the scene, deciding to stay around the City Hall for the whole day to make minor adjustments to their observation of this human city.

At least, until a certain vampire arrives to this city with a small army of ghouls gathered from the east for weeks.

Until.... That event happened at the same time Ninya arrived to this city.

[ ~ TO • BE • CONTINUED ~ ]

⊂_ヽ
     \\
         \( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
              >    ⌒ヽ
            /      へ\
         /        /    \\
         レ    ノ         ヽ_つ
        /    /
     /    /|
    (    (ヽ
    |    |,\
    | 丿 \ ⌒)
    | |        ) /
ノ )        Lノ
(_/⠀