Feelings

A/N: Hello my lovelies! I'm glad that you all hate me because of the last chapter. My bad. Prepare yourselves for the most repetitive chapter I have ever written in my life. See the title? Yeah, that word is repeated like 349588450285743 times, so bear with me. After I finished this chapter, I realized I don't know where the flying fudge this story is going after this. I'm winging it from here on out. Well, except for the end, I already have that planned out.

Chapter 11

After hunting down our waitress so I could pay for our meal, I pulled Alex out of the restaurant. I was gripping his arm so I could keep my balance.

Oh what I'd do to be sober at that point.

Think. I had to think. Where would Mitch go? Back to where I found him? No, that'd be too obvious, right? He didn't want me to find him.

I winced, I was thinking too hard for my intoxicated brain. "Can you drive?" I snapped at Alex and he nodded. I got in the passenger's seat and took a deep breath.

"Where to?" He asked as he started the car.

I couldn't hurt to at least check, right?

I told him the directions to the homeless area where I'd found Mitch. I tried not to get my hopes up, but my brain kept convincing me that he'd being sitting in his little hideout.

When we got there, I ran in the direction of the little crawlspace, only stumbling a little bit. I grabbed the curtain and pulled it back quickly. It was dark, so I couldn't tell if he was in there or not.

I reached in and felt around in the small area, but it was empty. I sighed in defeat before crawling out and dropping the sheet back over it.

Where would he go?

I couldn't think past the obvious answers. I needed to sleep off this alcohol and started fresh in the morning.

I shook my head and turned to leave. I just hoped he'd be ok on his own for the night.

...

I went out by myself around 9 in the morning, driving around, trying to determine where he'd be. I was going on only a few hours of sleep, and a horrible hangover. I got some coffee for the drive, hoping it'd wake me up a bit.

I'd tried calling him, but as expected, he didn't answer.

I drove around for hours. Getting out and searching alleyways, behind buildings, anything I could think of, but he was nowhere to be found.

Around 1, I was starving so I decided to stop at a little convenience store. As soon as I approached it, I was hit with a sudden sadness.

It was the same convenience store I had been at over a month ago when Mitch tried to steal my laptop. I rolled my eyes at my own grief before getting some snacks.

Even the cashier was the same as that day.

"Oh, hey...I remember you. Uh...month ago, right? Someone was robbing you?" She pointed out.

"Um, yeah. You remember that?" I inquired awkwardly.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to sound creepy. I only remember because I saw the same kid wandering around the parking lot as we were closing up last night," she informed me as she rang up my items.

My eyes widened and I'm sure my eyes lit up 10x brighter, "He was here? Where did he go? Did you see which way he went?" I exclaimed too eagerly.

She gave me a nervous look, "Um, no. Sorry?" She replied, clearly uncomfortable.