Beginnings

A/N: HI! So, I've written fanfiction for other fandoms, but this is my first Scomiche fanfic. I don't know how to use Wattpad so bear with me. I actually wrote this story a while ago, I just never felt confident enough to upload it. I mean, I still don't but whoop here it is. This will be a mixture of humor, drama, and romance of course. ALSO, WARNING, Scott is kind of an ass through like 90% of this story, but it fits(?)

As far as warnings go: Strong language, and maybe some smut, I'm not sure yet. 

So yeah, here we go, buckle up kids.

Chapter 1 (Scott's POV)

I sighed boredly as I tapped my foot, waiting for the lady in front of me to hurry up and count her damn money. I wasn't one to be impatient, but she was taking a long time, and my day only seemed to be getting worse and worse by the minute.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, making me close my eyes and pray to God to spare me, just for once.

I saw the word "mom" displayed on my screen and mumbled annoyances to myself before answering. "I'm kind of busy," I informed her without a cordial greeting.

"Scotty! Sweetie! Why do you hate me?!" She cried out.

I rolled my eyes. I had been busy the night before, so I couldn't come to her aid when she drank herself into a blackout at some bar. She was such a handful sometimes. If she wasn't drinking, she was trying the "hot new drug".

"I don't hate you. I was busy," I informed her emotionlessly. Just to my luck, the lady in front of me decided to finish up finally. "Mom, I'm at the store, I have to go," I informed her. I wanted to be nicer to her, but she made it really hard.

"You can't keep pushing me away. Please come over today?" She pleaded.

I squished my phone to my ear with my shoulder, setting my stuff down for the cashier to ring it up. "Yeah, fine ok. I'll see you in about a half hour. Want me to bring anything?" I inquired.

"Ooh, bring Chipotle, you know what I like," she assured me.

I smiled at the cashier, trying not to seem like a technology-obsessed asshole. She rang up my items and bagged them as I tried to get my mom to hang up.

"I will, I'll see you in a bit," I promised.

"Scott, Sweetheart, I hope I can make things right between us again. I miss you," she pleaded.

I rolled my eyes again as I grabbed my bags, "Mom, I have to go," I stated sternly.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she said sadly, "All I know how to do is make you upset," she moped.

I stifled a groan as I headed towards the exit. "Don't worry about it, ok? I really have to go. I'll see you in a little bit, but I'm about to get in my car," I pleaded.

"Ok ok, I'll see you soon," she stated excitedly before the line went dead.

I let out an exhausted sigh before holding my bags in one hand and grabbing my phone, before shoving it in my pocket.

Just when I thought my day couldn't get any worse, I'd apparently forgotten to lock my car. I could tell by the teenage boy taking something out of the front seat.

My laptop.

Ooh, that was not gonna fly. My entire life was on that thing.

"Hey!" I yelled at him.

Ok, probably not my smartest way to handle this situation. He looked towards me, startled, before holding the laptop under his arm and taking off. He wasn't getting away with that. I needed my laptop. I dropped my bags and chased after him. God damn it, he was fast. I pushed myself as much as I could, trying to catch up with him.