Opening Up

A/N: Hey my lovelies, sorry for not updating yesterday. I was busy all day and didn't get the chance, but here's the next chapter. :)

Warnings: *Trigger warning* kind of I think? I'll just be cautious and leave that there.

Chapter 4

I wasn't sure when I fell asleep, but I knew it was almost 4 hours later when I woke up. I was a hungry girl.

I sighed and got out of bed before rubbing my face tiredly. I was feeling significantly less like an ass, and I felt bad for the way I'd treated Mitch, although it was no different than how he'd been treating me. That didn't justify it though, since I hadn't raised myself on the streets.

I exited my room, and I was instantly hit with a clean fragrance. I looked around. The apartment was spotless and smelt lemon-y and clean. The carpet had been vacuumed, everything had been reorganized, the kitchen was clean...I hadn't seen it this nice since I moved in.

I went over to the counter and looked at the receipts and the leftover money that had been laid out. The totals had been circled on all of the receipts. I counted the remaining money, and it all added up.

I put the money away and threw away the receipts before smiling to myself. There was hope for him yet.

As if on cue, Mitch's door opened and he came out. He was wearing an adorable bear onesie. I never thought that a street rat could look so harmless and childish.

I laughed when I looked at him, "Remember when I said you were 6?" I teased.

He gave me a subtle smirk before looking down at the folded Batman onesie in his hands before holding it out to me.

"I'm not wearing that," I declared.

"Yes you are. You have a stick up your ass, and you need to lighten up. The best way to lighten up is by eating takeout in an onesie," he replied as if it were simple logic.

I gave him a weary look, but the glare I received motivated me to take it and go into my room. I changed into it before looking in the mirror.

Ok, I did look pretty cute.

I came back out right as he was dialing a number, "What do you want?" He asked before shoving the Chinese menu in my hands.

"Uh, sweet and sour chicken," I replied, "Make sure you get egg rolls," I added.

"Ok," he muttered before ordering our food and hanging up. He turned towards me with a grin, "We're going to have fun and get that stick out of your ass," he declared before going back to his phone.

"What is that fun exactly?" I inquired.

A couple moments later, some song about Lemonade started playing obnoxiously loud. He set his phone down before going all out with the dancing and singing along.

He pranced around the apartment, singing along, jumping on the couch and flailing around. I watched in awe, laughing hysterically.

He was something else.

He jumped off of the couch before grabbing my hands and spinning us around, still singing along.

I struggled not to trip, as I finally joined in, singing and sashaying around my apartment.

Other dance-y songs played, one after another, and we danced around with each other, laughing hysterically and stumbling around.

I spun him around and dipped him before we continued swaying and jumping around.

Without warning, he climbed on the couch, before leaping onto my back, wrapping his thin legs around my waist and his arms around my neck.

We both laughed more as I spun around and he clung to me. Dancing around, acting like a fucking couple made me forget about the Mitch that had stolen my laptop. Was it possible that he was already changing in just four days?