Chapter 20: Disney Castle Is Under Attack!

Start from the beginning

"Wow." Ruby breathes out. They get to the room and Minnie looks at them.

"Is this it?" Ruby asks.

"Yes, just one moment." Minnie explains. She turns to look at the door.

"As soon as the trouble started, I made sure to seal this room." Minnie explains. Minnie uses her magic to unseal the room and Ruby hears the door also unlocked. Ruby looks at Sora and then back at Minnie. A small door opens.

"I expected the entire door to open... not a tiny door." Ruby whispers.

"Things are not always what they seem." Sora replies.

"Now then... shall we?" Minnie asks, turning to look at them, "All that's left now is to go to the audience chamber. Let's hurry, Sora and Ruby!" They head into the room and look around. Ruby looks around and she happens to look up.

"Oh no..." Ruby states and steps back behind Sora. Heartless come down from the ceiling. Minnie gasps as Sora takes a fighting stance. Ruby glances at Sora. Roxas and Sora fought the same way, like twins. But Ruby knew that it was because they were two halves of the same Heart.

"Not here, too!" Minnie exclaims.

"I got 'em!" Sora assures her. Sora, Ruby and Minnie all team up and fight off the Heartless. Ruby shot arrows while Minnie and Sora threw out light attacks together. They make it too the throne and they throw out one final attack. More appear and Sora looks back as Ruby and Minnie run behind them.

"Come on, gimme a break!" Sora exclaims. Minnie moves the throne by pressing a button and a bright light emits from the entrance. It makes the Heartless disappear. When the light fades, Sora and Ruby stand there alone while Minnie was at the top of the staircase leading down to the room.

"Whoa." Ruby breathes out.

"The room below is called the Hall of the Cornerstone. Our castle has always been safe from worlds that are evil thanks to the Cornerstone of Light, which we keep down there." Minnie explains and they head down the stairs.

"The Cornerstone... of Light?" Sora asks. Ruby and Sora look at each other. Ruby shrugs and runs after Minnie. Sora follows. They head downstairs and enter a room where a powerful orb sat surrounded by thorns. Donald and Goofy join them and Ruby looks at them.

"This is the castle's cherished Cornerstone. But look... The thorns. They must be the work of someone very evil. I wonder what this could mean." Minnie explains.

"Hmm..." Ruby mutters. Sora and Ruby walk over to Minnie. Suddenly, green and black flames appear before a woman wearing a dark outfit appears. Ruby and Sora gasp. Sora moves between Minnie, Ruby and the woman.

"Maleficent!" Donald exclaims.

"No way!" Sora states.

"Well, well, well... What have we here...? If it isn't the wretched Keyblade holder and his pitiful lackeys." Maleficent states. Donald gets angry.

"WHAT?! Now you're gonna deal with me!" Donald yells out angrily. Donald runs forward to attack but falls through her. Ruby gasps.

"It's like she's not even there at all." Ruby breathes out in shock.

"All in good time. I promise you'll be able to partake of my vengeance. But you must be patient." Maleficent explains.

"Just what are you doing here, Maleficent?!" Minnie asks.

"Ah, Queen Minnie. Radiant as always." Maleficent explains, bowing to her, "I'm here on a property venture. I want this castle for my own. However, it's a bit too 'bright' for what I have in mind. I suppose I'll have to fill every room with my personal touch of darkness." She turns to do something to the Cornerstone of Light. Ruby gasps in shock.

"You'd better stop right now if you know what's good for you!" Minnie demands.

"Ooh, how frightening." Maleficent mocks turning back towards them, "Very well, I'll stop. Just as soon as the castle belongs to me!" She vanishes in green and black flames and her laughter can be heard throughout the room.

"I've got a bad feeling about this..." Ruby whispers.

"What a hag." Sora replies.

"Nothing like this has ever happened before. I looked through all the records in the library, but I couldn't find a single clue." Minnie explains.

"Ohh!" Goofy exclaims as he realizes something.

"Huh?" Sora asks curiously.

"We should go ask somebody who knows lotsa stuff that ain't in any book!" Goofy exclaims.

"Merlin the Wizard!" Donald exclaims.

"Merlin... the... Wizard?" Ruby asks curiously.

"Yes, that's perfect! Merlin might just know about this mess! Let's ask his advice!" Minnie exclaims.

"We saw him in Hollow Bastion, right?" Goofy asks.

"Hollow Bastion? That's where you found me right?" Ruby asks.

"It's where we save you from the darkness." Sora explains and laughs.

"Oh, with that... Leon... fellow." Ruby replies.

"That's right." Sora replies, "Yeah, let's go!"