Chapter 16: Saving Beast!

Start from the beginning

"Well, you put everyone down there in that dungeon!" Donald says.

"I did what?" Beast asks.

"Ah... you did!" Cogsworth replies.

"Who was that guy you were talking to? The one in black?" Sora asks and Beast gasps.

"Xaldin." Beast says.

"Xaldin? Are you sure?!" Ruby asks.

"You know who Xaldin is?" Sora asks.

"Um... not personally... but... my... my old friend... the one I'm looking for... he's had a run in with Xaldin before..." Ruby says. That wasn't the entire story, but it's what she could give him at the moment.

"That's his name. He came from the darkness... he... used my anger to control me." Beast explains, "He took all my sorrow, my sadness, my pain – and turned it all into rage. There was nothing I could do... I could no longer see the truth."

"That's kinda like Ruby! Some guy in black used her sadness and loneliness to control her." Sora explains and Ruby's eyes widen. She looks down sadly.

'Am I really that sad and lonely that I was so easily taken control of?' Ruby's thoughts ask.

"Well, I'll be. That must be why you threw all of your friends down there into the dungeon. You wanted to make sure that you didn't hurt 'em, right?" Goofy asks.

"Was that it? Was it to protect them?" Beast asks.

"Sure. We know you're good inside." Goofy says and the group nods while Ruby was still looking down sadly.

"He's right, Master. We've all seen how kind you can be. After all, Belle can see the goodness in your heart, but I'm afraid you've yet to..." Cogsworth says as he trails off.

"Belle!" Beast says suddenly and then sighs sadly, "I've mistreated her... I've mistreated her and been so selfish."

"She didn't say anything about that." Sora says.

"She'd never tell anyone of my cruelty... She's too good." Beast says.

"You see, I'm afraid he judges himself far too harshly." Cogsworth says.

"She's a princess. A Princess's job is to see the good in all. She can see the good parts of you, even if you can't see them." Ruby says suddenly.

"Why don't you just go talk to her?" Sora asks.

"But..." Beast says.

"No excuses! C'mon, we'll go with you!" Sora says. Sora, Ruby, Donald, Goofy, Beast and Cogsworth head back to Belle's room. They find it empty and begin searching the castle for Belle.

"I'm warning you! You'll be sorry!" Belle's voice calls out.

"Belle! Where are you?!" Beast calls out.

"Beast! Help! I'm in the ballroom!" Belle's voice calls out.

"She sounds in trouble!" Ruby says and Beast, Sora, Donald and Goofy rush up some stairs and through the door into the ballroom. Ruby stays by the door as her eyes widen at a Heartless.

"That's a huge, heartless!" Ruby says.

"Stay there where it's safe, Ruby!" Sora says.

"Okay!" Ruby says. Beast assists Sora, Donald and Goofy in fighting the Heartless. With Beast's help it only takes a few minutes to fight and defeat the Heartless. It rises up and then transforms into a bigger Heartless.