𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣 - 𝐼 𝑀𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝒶 𝒩𝑒𝓌 𝒞𝑜𝓊𝓅𝓁𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝐹𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹𝓈

"Y/N!! Wake up" Someone called I woke up with a start, checked my clock, and ran to get ready. It was my first day of Junior year and on top of that my parents finally allowed me to go to my brother's school. "Bob, what do the kids wear at your school?" I asked him with a smile.

"I don't know kid" he replied, he's like that, I'm not sure why. It's almost like he doesn't have any emotion at all. I've always been tough, but emotional and helpful as well. Bob was a coward, point blank. I ran down the staircase, running out the front door while buttoning my blouse. I hopped in the car and we rode off to school.

Our ride then arrived at the school. I left Bob and sprinted into the hall, almost running a kid over. He was shorter, probably in his freshman year and he had brown hair that hung over his face, "Sorry," I said "First Day?" I just wanted somebody to talk to at this point. I wasn't prepared for a lonely school day.

"Yeah," he said sheepishly "Ponyboy Curtis." he held out his hand and smiled at me as I shook it.

"Ponyboy, that's a real original name," I said with a smile.

"Yeah well my Dad, he was a real original person. I got a brother named Sodapop, it even says so on 'his birth certificate," I smiled, he seemed nice.

"I'm y/n, y/n Sheldon" I saw him staring at me for a few seconds.

"You a soc?" He said nicely, sounding unbothered by it. I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck. I nodded, and I had a worried look on my face, this is where these conversations usually end. He nodded with a smile. "It ain't bothering me, y'know?" He said with his eyebrows raised. I exhaled happily and we walked off to class. Our schedules were similar and we saw each other frequently throughout the day. Then came lunchtime.

I had no idea where to sit since I didn't know anybody but my brother and his hobo friends. It didn't feel too hot, wandering around like that. I was looking around the large cafeteria, trying to find an empty table, but all were filled with socs and greasers. I saw Bob wave me over to his table, but I think his friends were kind of jerks so I shook my head. He shrugged it off and continued eating that nasty cafeteria food. Then I saw Pony sitting with three other guys, who looked like they were greasers too. I decided to go say hi to Pony, but I shook off the idea. 

It felt like Ponyboy read my mind as he waved me over. I accepted the invitation, and as I was walking over to their table I saw Bob give me a dirty look. I ignored it but I was sure there would be one long conversation tonight about "Hangin' with your kind."

"Who's this?" a guy Mickey Mouse shirt asked, he was tall and looked strong, but he had a playful look in his eyes, that sure made me like him so I looked at him and shot him a quick smile. "I'm y/n Sheldon," I said,

"You that socs kid sister?" I nodded as he looked me over, and gave me the look greasers always give socs. He chuckled a bit, as I sat down at the table. "I'm a soc," I said with a slight chuckle this time.

"She sure do look like one," a boy with the jean jacket remarked, he was small and looked not a day over 13, he was handsome enough but had a look, almost like he was a broken, sad, little puppy and I couldn't help feeling sorry for the kid. I looked at the three boys and then started eating my salad. They seemed a bit surprised I'd be eating a salad, so I looked at the boy who hadn't said anything, then glanced at Ponyboy. He knew what I was thinking so he smiled. "Johnny's the one in the jacket, Two-bit with the Mickey shirt, and Steve has the sleeveless jacket," he said with a cheeky smile.

"We got a few more in the gang too," Two-bit said, "Dally, Sodapop, and Darry, Pony's Soda, and Darry's kid brother, there all great. But be careful of Dally he's fresh out of the cooler" I nodded thanks while taking the last bite of my salad. I sighed and then I noticed Steve and Two-bit talking, while Johnny stayed quiet. Ponyboy was looking 'round the cafeteria, taking in the noise and everyone around him. I put the bowl of my salad back in my backpack and looked at everyone at the table. I was a bit curious and finally had the guts to ask. "What's it like being a greaser?" Hearing that Two-Bit and Steve stopped talking and stared at me with no emotion, as well as Johnny. "It's 'ight."