CHAPTERS-20 Return to the palace

Start from the beginning

As Grey vanished into thin air, Carol's dread intensified, for she knew that Chloe would soon follow suit. The realization struck her with a devastating blow - she would never lay eyes on her cherished sibling again.

"NO! Not Chloe! Please, no!" Carol's desperate plea echoed through the air as a blinding light erupted from her, enveloping everyone in its radiance. Even Ragnarok, turned to witness the spectacle before him.

As the light intensified, it became clear that something extraordinary was happening to Carol. Her body seemed to glow with an otherworldly energy, and her features contorted with a mixture of pain and determination. It was a sight that left everyone breathless.

Ragnarok, consumed by the fear of losing Carol, let go of his thoughts about Chloe and instinctively gravitated towards her. With a sense of urgency, he enveloped Carol in his embrace, desperately clinging to her as if afraid she would vanish into thin air.

As the last flicker of light faded from Carol's body, Ragnarök's gaze darted around frantically, searching for any sign of her. But Chloe was gone, vanished into thin air, leaving only Carol lying unconscious in his embrace.

A cold shiver ran down his spine as a sense of dread washed over him, his blood-red eyes wide with fear and uncertainty.

"Your Majesty, the girl..." Cerberus exclaimed, his voice filled with bewilderment as he witnessed Chloe vanish from his very grasp.Ragnarok swiftly scooped Chloe into his arms, cradling her delicately, his gaze unwavering and filled with concern.

"You honestly believe I give a damn about that?" he growls menacingly, his eyes narrowing as he locks his gaze onto Cerberus. Overwhelmed with fear, Cerberus immediately drops to his knees, trembling before him.

As they arrived at the grand palace, a somber atmosphere hung in the air. The servants, who had been eagerly awaiting their return, now stood with their heads bowed low in sorrow. Their eyes were fixed on the motionless form of Carol, who lay unconscious in the arms of their king. Despite their deep concern for her well-being, none of them dared to lift their gaze or utter a word.

"Leave...all of you...none shall dare cross my path," Ragnarok's voice reverberated with an eerie intensity, causing the guards and servants to quiver in absolute terror.

As he made his way towards his room, cradling Carol delicately in his strong embrace, the incessant voices in his mind relentlessly gnawed at his very being.

"You believed yourself to be separate from us?"

"But you too are a creature of darkness, just like us."

"She expressed her disgust towards you. And soon, she will vanish into thin air, just like her sibling."

He tenderly placed her on the soft bed and sat beside her, gazing at her with adoration. His fingertips delicately traced the contours of her face, gliding down to her neck where he gently caressed her skin, covering it with his cold hand.

"Should I just end your life? Perhaps then you won't attempt to abandon me... but no, that wouldn't solve anything. That light... what if it takes you away from me, Carol? What if I can never hear your voice or see your serene blue eyes again? Please, tell me, Carol, what can I do to ensure you stay by my side forever..."

"Carol, what a life," he whispered, his voice heavy with sorrow.

"For the first time in my miserable and dark existence, I saw a glimmer of light that you brought. But now, I am consumed by fear, for it seems that this light will be taken away from me..." His trembling hand gently caressed her hair, as if trying to hold onto the fleeting moments of happiness they had shared.

The weight of his sadness hung in the air, suffocating any hope that had once flickered within his heart.

"Seize the moment," the voice inside his head urged,"Claim her as your own, for she lies here before you, her presence beckoning. What is it that holds you back? Cast aside your doubts and fears."
"Do not dare utter those words again! Your life hangs by a thread," Ragnarok seethed, forcefully silencing the voice in his head. Filled with fury, he rose from the bed, determined to distance himself from Chloe.

As he was preparing to leave, Carol gently reached out and clasped his hand, causing him to be taken aback and gaze at her in astonishment.
Her eyes, like a vast expanse of emptiness, held no trace of emotion,with a blank expression,she stared at Ragnarök.

"What's wrong, Carol?" Ragnarök asked with genuine concern in his voice.
She maintained a serene silence for a brief moment, her head gently tilting as she intertwined her fingers with his. And then, as if a radiant light had illuminated her soul, she bestowed upon him the most exquisite and untainted smile, a smile that seemed to transcend the boundaries of beauty itself.

THANKS FOR READING.
DO VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKE.