6• The Protagonist Appeared •6

Never did Kim Rok Soo experience a normal life. So waking up inside a cold but dry cave in the middle of nowhere did not came as a shock to him.

However, it did top up all the weird sh*t he had experience by far.

Ugh.

Kim Rok Soo held his head as he sat up. Or at least, tried to.

Before he realized that, instead of hands, he has a pair of front paws. Now this one shocked him, but he still did not panic.

He slowly tried to stand despite his headache while looking around, assessing his situation.

Inside the dimly lit cave was what looked like a primitive looking bed, which he was using, a small wooden rack with some clothes hanging in it, and a small table right in the middle with two stools.

Judging from the furnitures, it was obvious that someone was living here. And since he had somehow turned into a four legged animal which he assumed was some sort of canidae creature, then it definitely did not belong to him.

Kim Rok Soo was still observing his surroundings when a sudden influx of memories flooded his mind all at once, making him dizzy.

Due to the amount of information he received all at once, Kim Rok Soo's energy was rapidly depleted. Tired and dizzy, Kim Rok Soo decided it was better for him to sleep first.

And so he did. He closed his eyes and let darkness consume his tired mind.

The next morning Kim Rok Soo woke up, a new set of memories were already imprinted in his mind. Which he assumed was the memories that belonged to this body.

Riel, an orphaned fox shifter whose parents he never knew. That was the identity of the previous owner of this body, as well as Kim Rok Soo's current identity.

This fox shifter have lived inside the forest for as long as he could remember and never dared to venture out. However, given how crafty he was, none of the creatures here posed any threat to it.

Hence, life was pretty simple for the fox shifter.

Until some years ago, when an unexpected visitor happened to stumble upon his homey little cave. A black haired teenager that Kim Rok Soo recognized as a fellow Korean otherworlder.

Choi Han.

A painfully familiar name that Kim Rok Soo recognized right away. The main character of "The Birth Of A Hero".

'So I guess I have transmigrated inside the novel. And as an unknown fox shifter at that.'

Kim Rok Soo was calm despite his situation. Too calm actually that it was a bit unnerving. Still, he knew one thing for certain.

'Panicking in a situation like this won't get me anywhere, so might as well figure things out.'

Kim Rok Soo, or Riel now, stood up with a bit more strength than yesterday. And, using his memory as well as his current body's instinct, he managed to smoothly shift into his human form.

A naked gorgeously androgynous man suddenly appeared in the place of the fox. With silky long red hair, alluring reddish brown eyes, and jade like white skin.

Although he was a man, he looked beautiful beyond words. Even more than that of a woman.

(Kim Rok Soo will now be called Riel from here on.)

Riel randomly grabbed one of the robe hanged in the wooden rack and wore it as he made his way outside the cave. And what greeted him was the somewhat peaceful scenery of an ordinary forest.

That is, if you ignored the fact that this forest was actually the "Forest of Darkness" in the novel that was known for its dangers.

Riel didn't know which specific timeline in the novel was he in. But considering that Choi Han was still living in his cave until two days ago, then it was probably even before the story started.

What's more was that there was no "Riel" in The Birth Of A Hero. So chances are, this wasn't the TBOA he knew of.

However, none of that mattered. What mattered now was what Riel would do from now on.

Given the fact that, based on his memory, the original Riel did not reveal the fact that he was actually a fox shifter to Choi Han. Which lead to the former treating him like an ordinary pet fox.