✄┈𝘚𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭

Start from the beginning

You stopped, however, when you saw Jay motioning to do the same, locking eyes with the ginger haired boy. You shot Jay a quick smile and a wave as he stumbled to do the same before sticking your head out of the window, a quick chat wouldn't hurt. "Good morning, Jay!" You shouted from the window, watching as the boy looked side to side before sticking his head out as well.

You snickered as you glanced down at his pajama's, his favorite comic character littered all over it. "Morning Y/n! You uh... look pretty! Where'd you get your... pajama's?" The boy nervously laughed and asked questions, you just snickering as you leaned farther onto the open window. You jested around with Jay for a little while longer, the boy stuttering over his words before you heard the shower turn off.

You waved goodbye to Jay and was just about to pull back into your room when Jay stopped you. "Uh, you do remember what today is, yeah?" Jay asked nervously, playing with his fingers as he looked down at them sheepishly. "I don't know when to give Lloyd his present... When are you?" Jay's eyes flickered upwards, expecting you to be smirking widely and ready to prepare him with an answer. He, however, was shocked to see a blank look on your face, your mouth slightly agape.

'You've got to be absolutely kidding me.'

Pulling yourself out of the window and slamming it shut, you drew the curtains shut as you stumbled through your room. The only light provided was through the crescent window that was high above your bed, illuminating the bathroom door. You used what little light you had to crawl over to your nightstand, instantly unplugging your phone and flicking it on.

Your eye slightly twitched as you read the date and time on your phone, along with the few messages you managed to miss. Granted, they were sent really early in the morning and you were never one to get up early, but it was still embarrassing. You swallowed thickly as your fingers hovered over the messages on the lock screen before you pulled them away, your eyes now flickering back towards the date and time.

Thursday, September 22nd, 7:37 am

You let out a groan of relief at the note of it being Thursday, therefore you had a late start to school. Slamming your phone back onto your nightstand face down, you dragged yourself over to your light switch and flicked it on, grimacing at it. You quickly locked your bedroom door and made sure your bathroom door was still locked before you quickly dressed yourself.

Flattening your clothes and grabbing your phone, you threw your pajamas into a laundry corner before slipping out of your bedroom. Sliding down the hallway, you emerged into the living and dinning area, a soft scent of batter flooding your senses. Scooting sneakily over to the dinning table, you reached a hand over to grab a spare pancake, only for a spatula to slap down onto your hand.

You groaned as you retreated your hand, looking up to see a smiling Lou, teasing shaking his head. "Those are hot, here let me." You smiled and rolled your eyes as you sat down in a chair, Cole now emerging in the area with a towel drying his hair. "Cole, you took to long in the shower. Y/n still needs to get ready and prepare her bag." Lou slightly scolded your friend as you snickered, only stopping when the older man shot you a look.

Cole plopped down next to you, shaking his head around and flinging water all over you as you scoffed and raised your hands in defense. "Ew, keep your hair juices off me." You pushed Cole's face away from your own as he sighed and got into eating his breakfast. "Why didn't you wake me up sooner anyways? If I had known it was Lloyd's birthday, I would've had more time to prep." You muttered as you quickly finished off your dish, Cole blinking in shock as he hadn't even gotten through his third bite.

Lou jumped and turned around, a frown forming on his face as he watched you carefully stand up and grab your plate. "I'm sorry, I turned your alarm off today as it's a late start. I came in and opened your window for you, too. I hadn't realized the date." Lou chuckled a little as you slipped into the kitchen with him, carefully sliding your dishes under a stream of water.