Welcome To Your New Home

As Kara and Lori made their way up and entered the penthouse, they were met with a sweet aroma that filled the air. The source of this delightful scent became evident as they entered the living room, where Lena was putting the finishing touches on a beautifully decorated cake.

Lena looked up, her eyes lighting up with warmth as she saw Kara and Lori walk in. "Hey, you two! Welcome home!"

Kara grinned, appreciating the thoughtful gesture. "Lena, you baked a cake while I was gone?"

Lena nodded, a proud smile on her face. "I thought it would be a nice way to celebrate Lori's arrival. Welcome home, Lori!"

Lori's eyes widened with delight at the sight of the cake. "Is it for me?"

Kara nodded. "Absolutely. Lena made it just for you."

Lena stepped back to admire her handiwork—a cake adorned with welcoming messages and colourful decorations. "It's a 'Welcome Home' cake. I hope you like chocolate, Lori."

Lori's face lit up with joy. "Chocolate is my favourite! Thank you Lena!" She ran over and gave her a hug.

Lena knelt down to her level and gave her a big hug. "You're very welcome, sweetheart." She let go and stood back up, turning to the cake.

As Lena prepared to cut the cake, Kara took the opportunity to formally introduce Lori to the rest of her family.

"Lori, I would like you to meet some very special people in my life." Kara gestured at the others who were quietly standing there. "This is my sister Alex. Alex meet Lorelei."

Alex knelt down to Lori's eye level, offering the gift bag. "I wasn't sure what you would like but I brought a little something for you, Lori. It's just a little welcome-to-the-family gift."

"You did?" Lori carefully took the bag from Alex, wondering what sort of surprises it contained.

"I did. Go ahead, open it!" Alex encouraged with a grin.

Lori carefully untied the ribbon and peeked inside the bag. To her delight, she found a plush toy, a set of coloured pencils, and a colouring in book adorned with vibrant Disney princesses. "Wow! Thank you, Alex!" She exclaimed, her enthusiasm infectious.

"You're very welcome, Lori. I thought you might like to have some fun with those colouring supplies and now your teddy has a buddy to keep you both company." Alex explained, noticing she already had a bear and stood back up.

Lori hugged the plush toy close. "These are cool! I love them!"

Alex smiled, pleased to see Lori's excitement. "If there's anything else you need or if you want to talk about anything, I'm here for you, ok?"

"Ok." Lori nodded her head.

Kara placed the bag aside and pointed to Sam. "Lori, do you remember Ruby?"

"Yes. She came with you to see me for bedtime stories."

"That's right. Well, this is Sam. Ruby's mom."

"Hello." Lori cutely blinked up at Sam.

Sam, with her characteristic kindness, also had a small gift bag in hand for Lori. She bent and held it out with a warm smile.

"Hello Lori. I also brought you a little something to welcome you to the family." Sam said.

"Really? Thank you, Sam!" Lori reached out and took the bag from Sam.

"Open it when you are ready." Sam stood back up and waited.

Lori carefully opened the bag to reveal a delicate bracelet. The bracelet was adorned with charms that seemed to capture the essence of family, friendship, and love.