2 | Solarballs x GHE - "The Deal"

(A/N: This was a request by my friend on Discord of their AU of Gemini Home Entertainment & Solarballs so some events and personality traits may contrast those from their respective originals. Be sure to keep that in mind! I'm also not really into GHE, so I wouldn't expect much of that from me as of now.)
--
Earth always had his way. Whatever he asked for, he usually got. He was the only astronomical object harboring life after all, and had supporting friends and family behind him. He wasn't "spoiled", no. At least that's what he thought. He saw himself as a desirable planet to house life, and nobody with a role as important as that was "spoiled."

Now he was creeping around the asteroid belt away from the safety of the inner solar system. All part of his plan of course, even if it was a bit spooky. Earth was supposed to meet Iris right about now, but the other was nowhere to be seen. After a few more minutes of following the same path, the small asteroid-free clearing came into view. There.

Earth spotted a planet, their features outlined by a distinct light that Earth couldn't put a finger on. "Earth, you finally made it!" a smooth and silky voice called. That must've been Iris. He was taller than Earth for sure, and seemed to be around the size of a gas giant but was a little smaller than Saturn. The strange planet was a dull orange color and had the physical appearance of an eye. His  voice was enchanting, but it still gave Earth shivers. I don't trust this guy.

"Yes, I have." Earth retorted, the blue-green planet straightening his shoulders with an air of superiority. He lifted a hand, flexing his fingers and observing them in a bored way.

"So, what's my side of the deal gonna be?" Iris asked, his shady yet calming demeanor not cracking. Earth could feel his dark eyes boring into him, which sent chills down his spine.

"I want my earthlings to stop polluting me," Earth replied, getting straight to the point. He lowered his hand and made eye contact with the taller planet. He wasn't completely sure if it was possible, but he wanted an end to it.  He never got a break from it, and it was starting to affect his actions towards others. He appreciated them, but the things they were doing to him were pushing his limits.

"And what do I gain?" Iris questioned, narrowing his eyes.

Earth paused, he didn't know what Iris wanted from him. He barely even knew him anyways. The blue-green planet then spoke, "Well, for starters, I'll be willing to negotiate. I don't exactly know what you want..."

The other scoffed, unamused. "That's hardly worth it if you have nothing to offer," Iris said ominously.

Earth was put off by Iris' response. His more petty and impulsive side clicked in. "Oh, really? You think I don't have anything to offer? I have riches beyond your wildest imagination, that everyone else could only dream of having. Oh, I don't know, do you have life and water on your surface?" he questioned with a strong tang of sass. "Nay, I'm your best bet to possibly get anything good out of any deal."

Iris' gaze softened a bit as he took a step closer to Earth within arms reach. "Then we have a deal, Earth," he decided, offering a handshake. "I can help you with your earthling problem, just leave it all to me. I'll be compelled to follow through with my end of the deal."

Earth grinned, clearly satisfied by this turn of events. He reached out a hand and the two shook on it.