12.

June 25th, 2023

Carson's POV: 

Waking up, I smile to myself thinking about last night. Not bothering to put a sweatshirt over my tank top, I head downstairs to start breakfast. 

Waffles were on the menu this morning with fruit salad. As I was making it, everyone started to make their way downstairs and situate themselves around the table. 

Plating everything up, I set everything on the table before claiming my spot next to Jack. 

Looking over at him with a huge smile on my face, all I get in return is a stiff smile and slight nod of his head. So that's how it's gonna be I think to myself. Well two can play at that game. 

Jack's POV:

Oh god, I don't know how to react around her after last night. 

She has that after sex glow that only I can see because no one else knows what happened. And when she smiled at me all I could do was give her a head nod. I am such an idiot.

Finishing breakfast I tell everyone I'll take care of the dishes today and they can go upstairs and get ready for the boat. 

Putting everything in the dishwasher, I hustle upstairs, bumping into Sadie and Carson on their way out. My eyes instantly follow her body as she walks away from me not bothering to glance in my direction. 

This girl was going to be the death of me. Quickly changing into swim trunks, I run back downstairs towards the boat, being the last one to get on. 

Carson's POV:

Wanting to play with Jack, I deliberately place myself in-between Trevor and Luke. Even tho I knew Luke wouldn't get to him, Trevor definitely would since he was just naturally flirty. 

I struck up a conversation as we got on the boat so now it's just casually flowing as Jack steps on board. 

Quinn starts up the boat and Trevors and mine conversation flows to everyone else, all of us talking at once. 

When I hear Sadie say something funny, I place my hand on Trevor's knee, laugh super hard, and quickly flick a glance in Jack's direction. 

He's staring right where my hand is, not paying attention to anything else. A muscle in his jaw is clenched and he balls his hands into fists. 

Happy with the reaction I got from him, I remove my hand from Trevor and sit back, continuing to listen as everyone talks. 

Jack doesn't take his eyes off of the two of us until I'm standing up and taking of my jean shorts. 

"Come on Trevor and Sadie, let's jump in together!" I excitedly say, grabbing the both of their hands. 

Walking to the edge of the boat, I stand in-between them holding their hands before we launch ourselves into the water. 

Coming back up for air, Sadie and I are giggling to ourselves when Trevor sneaks up behind me, picks me up by my waist, and throws me back in. He chases after Sadie who is now trying to swim away.

We play in the water a bit more before Sadie climbs the ladder. I'm shivering so I decide to get out as well followed by Trevor who helps haul me up by grabbing my waist and pushing me up the ladder. 

Looking up I see Jack's angered face before he turns away from us, starting up a conversation with Quinn. Grabbing a towel and sitting back down in my seat, I suddenly get an amazing idea. 

"Lukey, will you take Trevors and mines photo. I don't have any photos with him or Alex" I say ever so sweetly. 

Complaining while standing up, Luke grabs my phone telling me he better be allowed in the next one. Knowing that Jack is watching, I grab my legs so that they are curled in front of me and then lean them onto Trevor who puts his hand on top to steady me. 

I lean my head on his shoulder and give Luke my biggest smile. 

Quickly snapping the picture he shoves the phone into Alex's hands before rushing over to sit next to me and place his head on my shoulder as well. 

Jack is pouting by now, so I offer to take one with him as well. "Come on Jacky, I didn't forget about you. We can take one as well" I tell him, getting up and plopping down beside him. 

Positioning myself like I did with Trevor, I feel Jack slip his arm around my waist and pull me closer to him. Smiling at the camera, I distance myself from him immediately not wanting anyone to think something was happening. 

Taking my phone back in my hand, I look over the pictures, smiling at how cute they were. I wasn't gonna do anything with them, I just needed Jack mad. 

- TIME SKIP TO DINNER TIME -

Carson's POV: 

We had just gotten off the boat and now everyone was throwing their dinner decisions at me. Not listening to any of their suggestions, I decide tonight will be simple: spaghetti.

"Come and help me with dinner please" I say, grabbing Trevors wrist and tugging him towards the kitchen. Everyone else files up the stairs going to change and get ready. 

Trevor and I converse while I mainly cook dinner for us, assigning him the task of just chopping vegetables.

Serving everything up and laying it out on the table, all of us dig in.

"Can we do the fire pit tonight?" Trevor asks, looking directly at Quinn.

Quinn nods his head saying he can manage that. Before I can offer to start cleaning up the dishes, Sadie jumps up and shoos me and Trevor upstairs to get changed. 

Getting dressed, I walk back downstairs to everyone but Trevor outside and Quinn starting up the fire pit. 

Opening the door slightly I ask what drinks people want before going to retrieve them from the fridge. I grab Trevor a beer knowing that's what he'll want.

Making my way back outside, I go around the circle handing everyone their drinks until I'm between Jack and Trevor looking for a chair to sit on. 

"There aren't any other chairs but we can share mine Carson" Trevor says, scooting over and patting the spot next to him. 

Taking one step forward, I feel someones fingers wrap around my wrist, preventing me from going any further. Looking back I'm met with the dark gaze of Jack. 

"Don't sit on his chair" he tells me. 

"But its only on the side Jack" I say, continuing to egg him on. 

"Do. Not. Sit. On. His. Chair" he says commandingly. 

Nodding my head I let him tug me over to his, where he scoots over making room for me. Tugging me down, he wraps his arm around my back and my head falls to his shoulder. 

No one questions it. Everyone just starts talking again. Over the next hour, the fire and the talking slowly lulls me to sleep in Jack's arms.