Chapter 7 - Close Call

Start from the beginning

Doc Greene: "Alright then."

While Doc Greene went to get his phone, Cody and Frankie went to check Nightblast outside.

Cody: "Did you hear that, Nightblast?"

Nightblast: "Yes, I heard that."

Frankie: "How did you know?"

Nightblast: "I saw it from the window undetected while you guys were busy watching it."

Cody: "Well, they didn't know that we were there."

Frankie: "Yup, they didn't even realize that Jack, Miko, and Raf went to help us too."

Nightblast: "Let's hope so. Because if they discovered that we were there and found evidence about us, we need to cover it up and fast."

Cody: "Cover it up?"

Nightblast: "Yes, I also operated from behind enemy lines when I was still a Decepticon."

Frankie: "You got a lot of special skills."

Nightblast: *Smirks* "Indeed, I have."

Cody: "Will have to wait and see."

Nightblast nodded and she returned to hide to see Doc Greene come outside with Chief Burns, Kade, Graham, and Dani.

Chief Burns: "Cody, Frankie, where were you two?"

Cody and Frankie are getting nervous to respond to a question from Cody's dad, but Doc Greene speaks first.

Doc Greene: "They were at the park, right Frankie?"

Frankie: *Nervous* "Yes, Cody and I were at the park the whole time."

They all noted, but Dani saw Cody's hand that was wrapped in a bandage and she got worried. Graham and Kade saw it too.

Dani: "Cody, is that a bandage on your hand?"

Dani approaches to examine Cody's hand.

Cody: *Nervous* "Oh yes, it is."

Graham: "How did you get the injury on your hand?"

Cody: *Nervous* "I accidentally cut myself."

Kade: "With what?"

Kade was about to ask a question for Cody, but he was interrupted by Frankie.

Frankie: "We were walking around the park and then he fell and accidentally cut himself with a tree's root and I helped him to treat his wound."

Graham: *Approaching to see Cody's hand-palm bandage* "You need to be careful, Cody."

Cody: "I was, Graham."

Kade: "You better."

Meanwhile, outside, Nightblast saw Heatwave, Chase, Blades, and Boulder. Heatwave starts to fight Nightblast because he sees two Decepticon symbols on her shoulders

Heatwave: *Fighting Nightblast* "Who are you, Deception?"

Blades: "Deception?

Nightblast blocks Heatwave's attacks and sends him to the ground and she speaks.

Nightblast: "First of all, I defected from the deception. And second, my name is Nightblast. I'm Cody's partner.

Boulder: "Cody's partner?"

Chase: "Did Cody have a partner?

Nightblast: "Indeed, I'm his partner."

Heatwave: "So, Optimus told us about you. He informed me about what happened to you, Cody, and Frankie."

Blades: "And I heard that Cody had an injury on his hand."

Chase: "Wait for a minute, Nightblast, you were there at the old factory with Cody and Frankie."

Nightblast: "How did you know that?"

Chase: "I identified the tracks of yours and another Cybertronian."

Heatwave: "What happened back there?"

Nightblast: "Alright, I'll tell you guys."

After Nightblast informs them about the attack on the old factory, the Rescue Bots are both shocked and angry to learn that Swindle and the mini-con have attacked Cody and Frankie. Heatwave expresses his desire to fight Swindle, but Nightblast informs him that Swindle has already been defeated and has escaped. Heatwave then notices that the Burns family and the Greene family are coming out, so he instructs Nightblast to hide while the rescue bots transform into their vehicle forms.

Chief Burns: "Well, let's head back to the firehouse everyone. Doc, Frankie, will you come to the firehouse for dinner?"

Doc Greene: "Of course Chief, let's go, Frankie."

Frankie: "Sure, Dad."

As everyone went to their vehicles, Cody and Frankie gave Nightblast to signal to follow them undetected and sneak down to the bunker with the Rescue Bots. They arrived at the firehouse as they entered.

Cody: "What are having for dinner?"

Dani: "You'll see when we get to the dining area, Cody."

Cody: "Okay, Dani."

As they arrived at the dining area, they began to wash their hands and sit at their tables as they started to eat.

Author's note: Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed reading the seventh chapter of my book. The upcoming chapter, it's about Nightblast and the Rescue Bots sharing their stories. And if any of y'all have any questions, let me know in the comments. I can't wait for you to read it!