Prologue

I look around. It was an unknown environment for me, and I was quivering in my shoes to no end, afraid of what might occur. I was never one to talk with others casually, nor did I have an interest in doing so. I was always perceived as the outcast; and I was never really bothered by it. I prefer not to meddle myself with those affairs... they're quite troublesome.

It was time for me to attend my first class. Nevertheless, I was indeed in deep peril, as we were assigned to introduce ourselves in front. Luckily, I was able to secure a seat at the back, near the window, by the bookshelves. I merely watched all of them, one by one, introducing themselves. But then, I saw her.

"Good morning, everyone", a girl with black hair and brown eyes said quite casually. She was fidgeting with the sleeves of her oversized jacket as she nearly became pale as everyone shifted their attention to her. To me, she was... absolutely gorgeous. Her eyes shined as the fluorescent lights were reflected upon them. Her beautiful, soft skin- her soft and luscious hair... how I longed to stare at her all day.

"I'm Cassidy Jones, I hope to get to know everyone well...", she says in her feminine and soft voice.

She chuckles a bit to wipe the awkward tension off her demeanor and simply nod before returning to her seat.

I was enamored by her presence alone. The others didn't see what I did, she was absolutely stunning. She marveled under my gaze as I watched her read a book silently, paying little attention to her surroundings. To others, she was a mere bystander; a background character. But, to me, she was everything.

Is this what they call love at first sight?