1

Author's POV

She looked around as she sighed for the nth time today. She had lost the count now. Her eyes wandered from the door to her wrist watch every now and then. It is 7:30 in the evening. He should have been here by 6.

"He's running late again" she muttered. It was nothing new to her. He has made her wait long hours before too but today she expected him not to miss out on their 2 year anniversary. They have been in relationship for 2 fucking years now.

"He did it again, I especially told him not to be late at least today" She was talking to no one in particular. Her heart knew she was hurt. He always told her to forgive and that it would not happen again. Each time she did and each time he repeated himself.

She picked her phone and contemplated whether to call or not. She won't! Not this time. She got up from her seat took her coat in one hand and her hand bag in the other. She paid the waiter for her order and left the cafe. 

She walked slowly with each step a click of the heel resonated and came back to her ears. For some reasons she loved this sound, the clicking sound the heel made each time it landed on the pavement. To her surprise her phone suddenly rang.

She stopped on her steps and looked at who just has called and it was none other than Vihaan. "Hello" she picked the call trying to sound as casual as ever. She was angry, she was hurt but she didn't wanted to madden the other person.

"I am so sorry Saanjhu, main aa nahi paya urgently office me ek meeting aa gayi thi." (I am so sorry I could't come, There happened to be an urgent meeting in the office) Saanjh smiled a little, it was a fake one. She knew this was going to happen.

She canceled her plans with her friends and family to go on a trip, for this person and he could care less about her. Saanjh and Vihaan met each other in a business party. Saanjh was the event planner of that party. She found him attractive, they started going out after a month.

In the starting of the relationship, he was attentive. He brought gifts, flowers and even chocolates each time they met. She fell in love with his efforts. She still loved him the same. She was planning a future with him but Vihaan didn't had time to give to her anymore.

She understood his hectic schedule, two years back he was just a junior, now he has raised to the position of team leader. He had more work to do then before. She could have offered him a high ranking job in her father's company but she didn't wanted to make him feel little just because she was rich and he was not.

She sighed "Koi baat nahi Vihaan. I understand" (It's okay Vihaan, I understand) and with that the call was cut. Tears brimmed in her eyes threatening to fall out any second. She lifted her face a little to control them. 

After she got a hang of her emotions she proceeded to take her strides. It had gotten chillier than before. It was the start of winters in Delhi after all. She was shivering yet was not willing to wear the coat she held in her hand. 

Suddenly her shoulder crashed with someone's. They both stopped on their tracks. They were now facing each other. It was a man who she bumped into, a tall lean figured man. He had his face behind a mask, his hazel eyes boring into her's. "Dekh ke nahi chal saktin aap?" (Can't you walk with open eyes?) His voice was hoarse which made her nervous. 

"oh hello, main dhayan se hi chal rahi hu Aap khud ko dekho" (oh hello, I am very careful you see yourself first.) With that she turned and continued her walk. "Pata nahi kahan kahan se log aa jaate hain" (Where do such people come from?) the man said under his breath.

Somehow the girl appeared familiar to him but he couldn't actually make out who. He shook his head not thinking much about it and continued with his walk too.