04 | Golden Opportunity

~~~~~Mukunda~~~~~

I spent my evening in my sister's house. After an hour, my sister got ready to pick Akshaya from the class. I suggested doing the deed as a help. My sister felt happy for me offering her help. 

Only I know. Ok the readers too know the real intention. 

I was waiting for Akshaya for few minutes. And there she came with her bag and water bottle.

While waiting I decided to sneak in to see if I could find Abheri anywhere. But seems to be she is busy with other classes.

Right. She is a music teacher, obviously there would be next set of batch waiting for the classes to start. 

I let it go for now, as I know her name and the place where she works. I can find out other details gradually. With that I drove off to my sisters house with Akshaya.

I informed my mom that I would stay some more time in my sisters house and would come late.

I agreed to have dinner here as mom and Dad are very old aged and eat very less food. Mostly organic.

I don't want to disturb them as well to provide me with varieties of food at this time. And did I ever mention about the age of my parents? They are almost 70. 

Ya.. you heard it right. And I am the fourth child for them. I have an elder brother and 2 elder sisters. 

My elder brother lives in US with his wife and children. The 1st sister lives in Delhi with her family. Second sister is the one staying in Chennai.

Earlier her husband was working in Coimbatore. Last year they got transferred to Chennai.

And this year they moved here after buying a new flat. And I too recently moved to Chennai some 6 months back. 

Our native is Tanjore. Earlier I was working in Kumbakonam branch and got transferred to Chennai recently. 

Enough of my background details, I have to go help my sister in preparing the food.

She requires lot of hands to help her do a dish. But the dish comes out very tasty and yummy, I must say that.

We prepared the wheat dough for chappati and rested it for few minutes. We then headed to slice onions and other things needed for the gravy. 

While we were doing so, my athimber(sister husband) too joined in helping us out. Akshaya was seen practicing heavily for the test she has tomorrow in her music class. 

She was seen playing the recording of her music teacher and then singing along with it. I slowly started the conversation just to know about Abheri.

"that music teacher has got a good melodious voice la" I started.

My sister kavita and athimber looked at me. "I.. I mean, I am talking about her teacher voice recording. Hope Akshaya too sings like that in future" I managed.

"yeah.. this teacher has beautiful voice and her name is also very unique. Her name is Abheri" Akshaya spoke leaving her practice in the middle.

I mentally praised my niece for her intelligence. For her nature in spilling the required beans for me. I never knew that it was her voice. But it actually sounded good and melodious.

"yes very unique name."

"Do you know the meaning of Abheri? " Akshaya asked me.

"Of course. How would I not know? Abheri is one of the raga in Carnatic Music." I replied her mockingly.

" ok I agree that you know " 

I remembered Abheri telling about the clue for her name. A unique name, related to Carnatic Raga, that ends with i. Thinking that I smiled again.