02 | Is it her?

~~~~~Mukunda~~~~

Its been a month, since the train journey. 

I was waiting in the traffic signal in bike and was looking around little impatiently waiting for the signal to change to green. 

Casually when I looked to my front, I saw a girl who was waiting like me in her bike. I remember this dress. I was not able to see her face as she was wearing helmet. 

I could see her only from back side as I was behind her. The dress she was wearing reminded me of the girl in train. 

Nowadays, its common that a dress with same pattern and color are worn by many. Its not their fault, many big outlets sell it that way. 

I tried to move little front and secure a place beside her. But the car beside her was blocking me. It did not give me enough space to park my bike beside her. 

Still I was trying hard to look at her face atleast through her mirror. Then I signalled the horn hoping she would look at me. 

She turned but did not give me full view of her face. The signal came green. Pff.. only the traffic signal.

The vehicles started to rush as if they have heard the whistle in car race. She drove fast and I too drove behind her. 

I am not sure if she is the same girl, because she was covered in full. But some part of my instinct was saying to look at her. So here I am roaming in bike behind a girl.

At this moment, all I wanted was to see her face and confirm if she is the same girl. 

Suddenly I am acting like a person who follows a girl, just like how Dhanush did in the movie "thiruda thirudi". 

I saw her looking at her mirror often. Is she thinking that I am someone else and following her. 

But I don't think she saw me clearly. If she had seen she would have atleast waved me hi.

Or may be she did not look at me fully nor recognize me. Whatever, if I catch hold of her I can get to know. 

Hold on, she is travelling in the area  where my Sister's house resides. She must be living in this area.

I can definitely find her easily. or she has come on a work. Whatever I have just got a clue that I will find her soon.

She turned to a particular street. While I was trying to do the same, I was caught. Caught by the traffic policeman.

It was a small intersection of 4 roads which is usually busy with more vehicles. Hence the traffic police was present there.

"nirthu.. nirthu.. oran kattu vandiya" (stop.. stop.. come aside with your bike)

"yedu fine ah.. " (pay the fine)

"yen sir?" (Why sir)

"aan.. helmet podama vandi otinadhuku.." (for not wearing helmet)

"But.. I have the helmet" I looked at the helmet in front of me which I did not wear. 

"edhu vandiku helmet ah??? apdiye andha ponna pathutu vandi voti, engayavadhu poi muti modharthuka?? kattu fine ah.. oru ponnu poydakudathu road la , apdiye follow panindu poradhu.. " 

(is the helmet for the bike? do you want to go crash on something following that girl? pay the fine. you guys won't even leave a girl to peacefully drive. Always following the girls.)

Huffing , I paid the fine. Because of him I missed her. I missed to see in which route she went. Sighing dejectedly, I tried to take a u-turn to return to my home. 

The traffic police looked at me weirdly as I was trying to take uturn than going straight.

"adhan ponnu poyduche, inime yara follow panna" (any way I missed the girl, I don't have any one to follow")

Obviously, I did not say that loud. I don't want to pay fine nor face any other consequence of creating trouble with police.

The next few days, I was roaming around hopelessly around the same area, thinking that I would find her some way. But alas. Nothing happened.

It was weekend. I tried to go again to the same area and start my search. Hope the owners in that residential area don't catch me and handover to the police.

If at all they see the CCTV camera installed in the area, that is what might happen. 

"ana, enna patha onnum, pulla pudikravan mariyo, ila thirundan mariyo theiryadhu. I am decent guy working in Bank you know) 

(I am not thief or rookie , a decent guy working in Bank you know)

While I was continuing my search, I saw her. It's her . Same Jupiter bike. She is in my mind.

Though I have not seen her face from the front, her view from behind ,always stays on my mind. 

This time I noticed her number plate as well. While I followed her, the disturbance comes in the form of a school guy, almost dashing my bike. 

"Dei... pathu poda.. cycle dhane votra.. periya bike otra mari, otra" (hey.. why can't you ride carefully? you are just riding cycle not a racer bike)

"anna... neenga andha akka va follow panitu road a pakama vandiya votitu enna solreenga.. neenga olunga pathu ponga"

(bro.. you are the one who is following that sister and driving. you drive properly)The guy went in his cycle shouting at me.

"chinna payan nee lan enaku advice pandra pathiya, nelama.. elarkum nan follow pandradhu theriyudu ana ava matum pakka matingraley. Venumne suthala vidra"

(my fate, to get advice from small boy.. everyone knows that I am following her, but she did not look at me at all.  I think she is doing it purposefully. )

Pcch.. I missed her today as well. But I have perseverance. I can surely find her.

My inner self was mocking at me . If you had shown this much of interest and effort in clearing upsc, you would have landed in a very good higher position. 

I ignored my mocking mind voice. When will I find her?