Likeable

Tick-tok
Tick-tok
Tick-tok

The muffled voices of Kate and Mrs. Grose were pushed out of my focus. All I could look at was Miles, a hand in his curly hair with an elbow on the table. He looked like a boy from a dream. I won't dare to comprehend how he made me feel, the emotions would be too strong.
He drifted his gaze towards me, I snapped out of my trance and sat up with exceptional posture. He cocked his head at me and raised his eyebrows with a blank expression, still holding his head.
I gave him a smile and adjusted my gaze to Flora.
She stared at me and Miles with a smug expression on her face. She started to giggle for a little bit as Kate and Mrs. Grose stared at her, perplexed.
"Something wrong Flora..?" I questioned the girl.
She gathered herself and swooped her hair behind an ear.
"Oh nothing, you and Miles just look.." she trailed off as she refused to finish her statement, laugher peeking through her lips.
I patiently waited, partially confused.
The girl then gathered herself a second time before finally finishing her statement.
"You two seem 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 interested In each other... if you know what I mean~" she said smugly, taking another bite of her mashed potatoes.
I felt a tint of red erupt from the surface of my cheeks and I looked at miles.
He smirked at me and stuck out one finger, gesturing for me to get closer.
I hesitated but leaned closer to him, he put his mouth close to my ear and whispered in a breathy tone,
"Come see me after dinner.. I'll be waiting." He said to me.
I felt shivers flow through my skin, leaving a tingling sensation everywhere.
"S-sure.." I said back to him, still whispering.
He winked at me  and we both pulled away, looking at Flora.
She gave us another grin and Mrs. Grose had a horrified expression, while Kate looked a little uncomfortable.
Later on, Miles stood up from his chair and rubbed my shoulder, leaning down to my ear again.
"Remember, my room. I wanna talk to you."
My stomach fluttered and I grasped my thighs, feeling a little.. 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝?
Miles then walked away, up the stairs and out of our view.
Flora winked and laughed, taking another bite.

I knocked on his door, fiddling with my pants nervously. A few seconds passed before his door opened and he poked his head through, me seeing his brown eyes lie upon me. When he saw who I was, he fully opened the door and smirked.
"Cmon in, I have been waiting for you." He said as I walked past him, into his record filled room.
He laid down on the bed and rubbed the spot next to him, gesturing for me to lay next to him.
I hesitantly looked at the spot and sat next to him, Miles still laying down.
"Lay down, I won't bite." He said with a slightly mysterious tone.
I then uncrossed my legs and laid next to Miles, turning towards him.
"There, see? I'm nice." He whispered to me.
I rubbed the back of my neck and my face heated up.
"Now, I just want to ask you something." He spoke to me gently.
I looked at him, listening.
"Can I just, maybe.. try something?" He said to me a bit less confident.
I was a bit confused, and tried to not show it.
"Mhm. Anything." I spoke to him in a soft tone.
He seemed like he was about to say something, but before he could, he brought his lips to mine at the speed of light. My breath hitched as his lips were against mine. He held my cheek as we both continued for about 4 seconds until Miles pulled away and sat up with a worried expression on his face. I looked up at him with a surprised expression.
Miles then got out of the bed quickly and stood up, breathing heavily. I was about to say something, but Miles spoke.
"S-shit..I'm sorry I just-." He was about to finish but he stopped himself and stormed out of his room.
I sat up and watched him leave, still in shock.
I felt a bit bad, but I couldn't go after him right now, I don't even know what's going through his head.
After a few minutes of sitting in his bed and waiting for Miles to return, he didn't. I ended up getting out of his bed and walking down the hall to my room.
As I entered, I thought about what happened.
Why would he kiss me?
Why me?
I put on my pajamas and laid on my bed, turning off my lamp and closing my eyes. Minutes turned into hours of tossing and turning, in and out of rest.
Eventually I had enough of it, and got out of bed to grab a glass of water. When I stepped out of my bed I heard that same creaking noise I heard when Miles first arrived here. Like someone was walking around.
I put on my glasses and walked towards the door, opening it. I peeked outside to see a figure standing down the hall, just like how Miles was doing it the other night. I stepped outside of my room and looked down the hall, willing to get a better view. When I looked closer, I noticed this wasn't Miles at all. This man was taller than miles, less skinny than miles, had hair down to his shoulders, and was breathing loudly. I couldn't help but get a bit spooked, slightly flinching of his presence.
"Who.. Who are you?" I spoke up, being ready to run if I had to.
He continued standing there for about seven seconds, before speaking in a deep, broken tone of voice.
"𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐨, 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐬." He said to me.
I stared at him in confusion, before he did an unexpected act. He began quickly speed walking down the hall towards me in a threatening way.
I jumped and ran down the hallway, going in the opposite direction. I breathed heavily, hearing his footsteps picking up speed behind me. My run turned into a sprint, and I sped down the stairs with tears forming in my eyes.
When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I ran into the kitchen to hide on the other side of the counter, covering my mouth and squeezing my eyes shut.
I heard his footsteps roam the bottom floors, before never hearing them again for about a minute. I hesitated, but opened my eyes.
I saw yet another strange figure standing in front of me, this one a bit more comforting. I saw a pale, pale woman with long, curly white hair. She wore a white nightgown, slightly dirtied. She then took her pale hand and took my hand away from my mouth, slowly.
"It's okay my dear, Quint can't hurt you right now. I am here." She spoke in a soft, breathy tone.
I looked up at her with wide eyes, my fear slowly fading.
"I will be looking after you." She said softly, before her silhouette began to fade away.
When she fully faded, I stood up and leaned my hips on the island, a mix of emotions.
Quint?
The guy that died?
Who was that woman?
I got my glass of water and chugged it down, putting my glass away and walking up the stairs again, still trembling in fear.

__________________________________

Hey guys! Just a lil message you may be interested in. So I actually haven't written in this book in a YEAR. I know, big gap lol. But I am gonna get back into writing it now. There may be changes in my writing style, but I will attempt to keep it subtle. Thanks for reading!