The deaths

The memories flash through my head

Both of their lifeless faces, their bodies still and relaxed as tears flooded my eyes and screams invaded me both times I saw them....

I am never going to be the same.

Overwhelmed with my thoughts I got off of the couch. I began to walk through the house towards the kitchen where I found Kate. "Good morning y/n!" Kate said enthusiastically. "Morning." I plainly said.
"So have you started packing yet?" She asked.
Oh fuck. I forgot to start. "Not really but I have gotten some stuff." I lied. "Well you should try and get done by tonight. Do you need any help?" She asked me politely. "Uhm no thank you I can manage for now." I told her. "Okay." She said.

Kate has always been so sweet to me ever since I moved to her place. She decided to take me in ever since my parents deaths.
I walked towards the coffee machine and made myself a cup. As I waited for the coffee to drain its way into my mug Kate spoke up again.
"Look I know you are upset about the moving situation again but you have to know that this child has gone through the same things you have. She needs help. We have to go over there okay? This is going to be your new home now. My job also depends on this. I sure you can play with the girl as well." I paused. Kate had been sent to a house where a little girl had lost her parents. She is being raised by an old woman who can't manage to teach her by herself so she hires private teachers for the child. "Kate... can we please not talk about this right now." I asked while on my last nerve. "Fine." She said. I looked behind me to see my coffee had finished. I picked it up slowly and placed it on the counter. I then dug in the fridge for the creamer. When I found it I dumped a decent amount into my coffee and put it back. I then took a sip. It was hot but I dealt with it. I heard Kate's footsteps leave the room so I then placed the coffee down and went to pack.

It was now the next morning and Kate woke me up at 5:00 am to gather my things and sprint through the rain to our car.