Sweater

I looked up at Miles as he watched Kate struggle to get on the horse. As I looked as his facial expressions I noticed that he had a look of enjoyment, a look that made me question how much he might really despise Kate.

Will he hurt Kate..?

Would he go to the extent of putting his hands on her? The curiosity erupted inside of me. I didn't know. I just didn't know. Overwhelming thoughts whirled in my head and gave me a headache. I was continuous until one thought struck me. The one thought I knew was true.

Maybe I love how he makes me feel. Maybe I love how he is secretive.
Maybe I love how he gives me headaches.

I love it all. I love all of him. I love everything about Miles Fairchild. I need this man. I didn't know why the thoughts of him probably hurting Kate made me fall for him more. All I know is that im madly in love with him.
I looked up from the ground and saw that Kate was now fully on the horse.
"Woah.. that was pretty hard!" Kate said awkwardly.
Miles ignored her and instead spoke to me,
"Is that all you're wearing?" I looked at him beside me.
He had a confused look on his face and his cheeks were red from the cold.
"Uhm.. yeah? Something wrong With it?" I asked him curiously.
He played with a stray strand of his curly hair and made eye contact with me.
"It's freezing outside y/n. You need a sweater or a jacket." He lifted his arms up and rubbed my shoulders for more warmth.
His hands gliding against my skin sent shivers down my spine. And I have to admit, I am pretty cold.
"Yeah I should go find mine-"
"No."
"Hm?"
"No."
I looked over at Kate and she was busy petting Delilah's head so I looked back at Miles.
"What do you mean?" I asked confusingly.
"Hold on.." miles said as he began to take off his black blazer.
Underneath his blazer was his red sweater, the one that quint gave him. He wouldn't let anyone touch that unless he'd do anything for them. He began to reach down to the hem of his sweater and pull it off. I quickly turned my head the opposite way and covered my eyes with my hands.

Jussst in case...

I heard faint rustling before it came to a sudden halt.
"Hey.. your fine." Miles said before turning my head and pulling my hands away.
He had on a plain black t-shirt under his sweater and put his blazer on over it. He puts his hand out and offers me his red sweater, which I grab quickly and pull it on. When I looked up at miles he was faintly smirking at me, clearly liking what he saw. I blushed intensely and internally screamed hoping he didn't see the red on my cheeks. He raised his eyebrows and smirked slightly wider.

Ah shit.

"You look good.." he said to me.
"Thanks Miles" I said to him sweetly.
He looked over at Kate who was still petting the horse and spoke,
"Okay, let's just start already.." he said to her.
"Ready when you are!" She said enthusiastically.
He looked back at me and walked a little closer before speaking to me,
"If you want to, you can sit on the big rock over there, or you can stand next to me." He said.
I messed with the hem of my new sweater as he spoke to me.
"Can I stand next to you?" I asked.
Without answering he grabbed me by the wrist gently and led me to an area in the field.
"Okay.. so I'll just be holding this," he pointed to a whip in his hand.
"And you can stand right where you are." He told me.
" We might have to change position to whip the horse because she will be riding around us in a circle." He said to me.
"Understand me Y/n?" He asked me.
We made eye contact and I spoke,
"Uhm, yeah I understand.." I said to him.
"Good."

"Put your thighs against the horse!" Miles yelled at Kate.
"Keep your posture straight!" He yelled again.
"Mmphhh" I moaned, clearly bored.
Miles stopped yelling demands to Kate and whipping the horse, turning his head towards me.
"What?" He asked.
I turned my head up towards his and he smirked.
"Could've just said so.." he said before telling Kate to stop riding Delilah.
Kate got off of Delilah and complained about Miles whipping her too often.
"It's a strong animal, you have to show control over it." He said to her.
"Well I'm getting cold you guys, I'm going inside now." She said to us both.
"You two coming?" She asked. Miles looked over at me and I looked back at him.
"No." He said to Kate.