the sorcerer's initiate (part 2) - chapter three

The calm breeze I remember it well... That was one of the last times I used my magic and it created chaos. That moment and what soon comes after on my next mission.. It envelops into one of the worst moments in my life. 

The City: Right After The Explosion

Elegance stood in shock and sighed as he turned toward his son. Mel who realized his mistake and was in a state of panic was crying. The two unconscious men they had just captured had been sent through a portal a moment later. One one side stood Elegance who looked at the people across the other side. Two sorcerers who looked to be wearing cop like uniforms glared at him and looked past him at the chaos. "That kid is just like 'em its gotta be a family curse" one of the two cops said with spite. Elegance gave him a death stare and shut the portal before turning back to Mel. "Yo Mel..." he said with a smile as he put his hands in pockets. Mel teary eyed looked up at him and couldn't comprehend why he was smiling. "We got a long journey ahead, but we did complete the mission- wait" he stopped himself as he remembered. "Raincheck on what I just said" he said before running off. Mel who was on knees crying picked himself up and wiped his tears. As he turned his face up again Elegance was back holding the two bags from before. Mel unsurprised by his speed walked ahead and waited next to him. Elegance placed one of the bags down and grabbed his gate fabricator. As a portal was made the room where the council resides opened. Mel standing close to Elegance walked behind him as they entered. The council looked down at the two from above them where they sat. A good description of the council members was impossible they could only hear the members and see shadows of people. As Elegance placed the bags at the forefront of here they stood he put one hand on his pocket and the other on the head of his son. Mel who stood behind him and was frightened to hear the judgement that would be made seeked comfort from his father. One of the members spoke and his voice sounded harsh and dark. "Melioras Worldbreaker.. you live up to your name" the member spoke with frustration and also a hint of happiness. Mel looked down and Elegance patted his head. "The kids power is strong. His potential seems to be limitless and he can be even better than that of the greatest sorcerer" Elegance said aloud to them. One of them sighed as another grunted most members despised Elegance. The most powerful wizard of his era, who didn't want his own title stood before them.  In unison they spoke to them with an echo that felt as if it could be heard through the earth itself. "THIS IS AN OFFICIAL WARNING! ONE MORE ACCIDENT AND WORLDBREAKER WILL BE SENT TO THE JUVENILE DETENTION CENTER." The two shuddered and Elegance held his son close covering both of his ears with his leg and hand. "May I please speak to the board on my piece on his behalf" he spoke in a polite and sophisticated manner. Mel listened close as he gently removed himself from his side. "No bystander was harmed, I personally went and saved anyone who could have possibly been affected" he said loudly. A council member then spoke and let his mind be spoken. "We are aware of that...this is a warning. You as the parent and guardian are responsible for his actions. Be cautious, next time we will be harsher.. especially if non-magic civilians were to get involved." Elegance scoffed and proceeded to grab Mel's hand before walking out back into the city. Mel annoyed that they were back in the city turned and saw the place which had originally been destroyed. The area was exactly as it was before any damage had been done. "What happened" he said to his father with relief being apparent in his voice. Elegance smiled and patted his head. "They must have sent an expert sorcerer with creator magic or illusion magic" he said gently. Mel then turned back to him obviously confused. "But why are we back in the city" he mumbled. Elegance's face turned to embarrassment as he remembered he forgot to tell him. "We came to celebrate! lets get something to grub on" he said loudly and ecstatic. Mel covered his face as other people glared walking by. "Ok dad.. can we just get a move on" he said with his face flushing red. Elegance smile turned wide as he grabbed his hand and began to bolt to their destination.