Second report

You arrived back at Beacon, you mind still filled with questions about the heartless that had tactically retreated...if you want to call it that. Determined to find some answers, you decided to call Yen Sid, to report your progress and inform him about the peculiar encounter. Perhaps he knew about it.

You walk up the flight of stairs leading up to the roof. You come to the fire exit and take a deep breath before pushing through the door and pulling out your gummi phone at the same time. You dial in Yen Sid's number and lean against the  railing.

After a few moments, Yen Sid's face appeared on the screen, his wise eyes glued to the screen.

Yen Sid: Ah, (Y/n), it is good to see and hear from you. How has your mission been progressing?

(Y/n): Hello, Master Yen Sid. Overall, the mission has been going well. Successfully repelled a heartless attack in the city.

Yen Sid: What about the Keyhole?

Your master says abruptly which causes you to cringe and shrink back.

(Y/n): It's....well, the search has been tedious but I know I'm close. I can feel it!

You say triumphantly and look at Yen Sid to see him with a raised brow. You clear your throat and continue on.

(Y/n): There was something strange that happened. I encountered a heartless that didn't engage me. It quickly retreated as soon as it saw me with the keyblade. I've never seen anything like it before.

Yen Sid's expression grew thoughtful as he listened to your recount of tonight's earlier events. He stroked his beard in contemplation before responding.

Yen Sid: Interesting indeed. It is rare for a heartless to retreat from a keyblade wielder without engaging in battle...

(Y/n): That's what I was thinking, Master. I scouted the docks after the battle, but I couldn't find any trace of the heartless. It disappeared without a trace. I thought you might have some insight into this matter.

Yen Sid nodded, acknowledging your concerns.

Yen Sid: I understand your curiosity, (Y/n). Unfortunately, I don't have all the answers at the moment. However, it seems that this new development requires further investigation. Keep a close eye on any unusual heartless behavior and report back to me if you discover anything significant.

You narrow your eyes with a determined face and nod.

(Y/n): Understood, Master. I will continue to observe and gather information. Thank you for your guidance.

You were about to hang up but Yen Sid called out to you which caused you to look back at the phone's screen.

Yen Sid: (Y/n). Remember, knowledge is power, and understanding the heartless is crucial to protecting the balance between light and darkness. Stay vigilant, my apprentice.

With a final nod, the communication ended, leaving you deep in thought. You knew that finding answers wouldn't be easy.

Lost in thought, you remained on the rooftop, contemplating the mysterious heartless encounter.

As you leaned against the railing, still holding your gummi phone and staring at the black screen, you heard the sound of approaching footsteps. Your head perks up to see Pyrrha and Jaune open the door, weapons in hand. Looks like they had come to train.

Pyrrha: Oh, hey, (Y/n)! We didn't expect to see you up here.

Jaune: Yeah, we thought we'd have the rooftop to ourselves for training. Guess we'll have to find another spot.