IV.

Onika Tanya Maraj
Saturday, June 15
Dallas, TX

Nicki thanked the brunette woman as she held the door open for her, allowing her to enter Tango Room as she exited with her husband. The door closed behind Nicki and she took a quick glance at her phone, noting the time. She was a bit late than she originally planned to be, but the heavy Dallas traffic was to blame. Walking over to the hostess stand, she flashed a nervous smile and ran her hand over her ponytail.

"Hi, um, reservation for Williams?"

The hostess smiled and began flipping through the reservation book. She scanned the page a few times before looking up once again. "We actually have two reservations under the name Williams. What's the first name or phone number under your party?"

"Robert, I believe," Nicki spoke.

The hostess nodded before gesturing for Nicki to follow her. The short walk through the cozy restaurant made her feel at ease. For most of the day, her nerves had gotten the best of her. She was extremely anxious about her date, and she'd spent nearly two hours on FaceTime with Cassie, debating between a white evening dress and a blue one, as well as receiving a well needed pep talk. Ultimately, she ended up choosing the beautiful white dress, but her nervousness never faltered.

"Wow

"Wow... you look beautiful," she heard as she and the hostess approached the rounded booth on the left side of the restaurant.

Nicki immediately blushed at the sight of Meek standing to his feet as he admired her

Nicki immediately blushed at the sight of Meek standing to his feet as he admired her. Even in the low lighting of the restaurant, she could make out his handsome features and appreciate his attire. He met her halfway at the booth and greeted her with a smile.

"Thanks. You also look great. You clean up nice," she complimented him.

They both stared at one another and drowned out the sound of the hostess telling them that their server would be with them shortly. She walked off and Meek stepped aside, gesturing for Nicki to slide into the booth before him. His eyes travelled over the dress, admiring how well she filled it out as she sat down. She slid to the middle of the booth, and Meek joined her.