III.

Robert Rihmeek Williams
Friday, June 14
Dallas, TX

     Meek smiled as he entered Dallas's hottest sports bar, Frankie's Downtown

     Meek smiled as he entered Dallas's hottest sports bar, Frankie's Downtown. It was home to amazing food and an even more amazing atmosphere. Already, Meek could hear the loud cheers and laughter from his large friend group as they enjoyed a few alcoholic beverages and watched the current baseball game on the large flatscreen televisions that were mounted on each wall.

"Yoooo, wassup?" Meek greeted, holding his hands up.

His crew consisted of a few of his longtime friends — Tak, Chino, and Dean — his cousin Omelly, Jay, and Jay's closest friends, TyTy, Emory, and Dame. They started out as an unusual group of friends with half of them originating from New York, and the other half from Philadelphia, but after many years of hanging out in high school and college in Texas, they all grew close. Meek could confidently say that these men were like brothers to him.

"What's good?" Jay smiled, immediately dapping him up and pulling him into a hug.

"Congrats, man. I'm proud of you," Meek said, alluding to Jay's successful cognac brand.

Jay gave him an appreciative head nod and ushered him to their table where rows of shot glasses filled to the top with the cognac sat present. Meek immediately chuckled and grabbed one, taking it to the head. The bitter liquid grazed his tastebuds and burned his throat as it went down, but he never grimaced.

"That shit is strong," he laughed, putting the shot glass down. "I gotta pace myself. I drove."

Jay nodded, understandably. "There's food and shit coming out soon. We ordered wings, but you can get whatever else you want. The tab is covered."

"We celebrating your win, and you paying for everything?" Meek laughed.

"Nah, man. That's all me!" Omelly interjected, pulling Meek into a brotherly hug.

The two soon pulled away and began catching up on each other's lives. Omelly also resided in Houston to be closer to his children's mother. He was the father of three beautiful little girls, Heidi, Kamiya, and KenKen, who took up much of his time outside of work.

"How's the fam?" Meek asked, grabbing another shot.

"Everything's cool. Heidi just graduated the fifth grade, so you know I'm a proud father right now," Omelly grinned, pulling out his phone to show Meek the photos of his precious ten-year-old daughter, Heidi.

Meek's smile grew as he stared at the photos. He was extremely proud of his cousin's accomplishments in fatherhood. Omelly didn't have the best relationship with his own estranged father, but that didn't stop him from being the best dad he could be to his children.

"Damn, man. Congrats. Your old ass needs to find a wife now," Meek joked, taking the shot back.

Omelly laughed loudly, shaking his head. "You talking about marriage and shit. Nigga, where is your girl?"