Part 15

you've ever sought treatment for breathing difficulty, you probably saw a respiratory therapist. Respiratory therapists treat a variety of breathing disorders including chronic respiratory diseases like asthma or emphysema. The patients they treat range from premature neonates with undeveloped lungs to elderly patients suffering from lung disease.

Median Salary: $60,280

Predicted Rise in Employment: Predicted 23% Rise between 2016 and 2026

Required Education: Minimum of Associate's Degree

Additional Information:

Although the minimum requirement to become a respiratory therapist is an associates degree, respiratory therapists need to become licensed in their state (except Alaska). Employment is expected to rise at a rate much faster than average due to growth in the middle-aged and elderly population, who are more susceptible to respiratory conditions.

19. Dietitians and Nutritionists

Dietitians and nutritionists are health care professionals who are experts in the area of food and nutrition. They use their knowledge to promote a healthy diet and manage disease. Dietitians and nutritionists are valuable resources in the treatment of obesity and diabetes.

Median Salary: $60,370

Predicted Rise in Employment: Predicted 15% Rise between 2016 and 2026

Required Education: Minimum of Bachelor's Degree

Additional Information:

Continued growth is expected for dietician and nutritionists roles as we learn more about the connection between diet and overall health.

18. Radiologic and MRI Technicians

20 Highest Paid Non-Physician Jobs in Healthcare
Another top non-physician healthcare job that pays well are radiologic and MRI technologists. These professionals, known as radiographers, perform imaging services such as x-rays. MRI technologists are trained to provide patients with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans to help physicians with diagnostics.

Median Salary: $61,240

Predicted Rise in Employment: Predicted 13% Rise between 2016 and 2026

Required Education: Minimum of Associates's Degree

Additional Information:

Employment of radiologic or MRI technologists is expected to grow by almost 30,300 jobs through 2026. Most professionals need an associate's degree and become licensed or certified in their states.