Ch. III ✡Two Can Play At This Game✡

Start from the beginning

You don't mention the fact that you are soon to be another co-owner, in fear that Charlie will deny your request. Overtime, Charlie will realize what your position in this hotel truly is.

"Ohhhh! How exciting!" Charlie squeals, "yes! Alastor is down that way! Go and get yourself settled and we'll start working together right away!" she spins, before running towards the one eyed gray skinned female demoness who stands over by the couches in the longue.

Most likely to tell the demoness about the newest member.
Which is you.

You enter the hallway fit for two, walking past many numbered doors, before one door that says the word Ballroom carved into its wood and painted gold to make it sparkle.

Your hand reaches and twists the knob, pushing the door open before you gawk over just how beautiful the ballroom actually is.
Smooth, clear polished flooring beneath your feet. Lavish red curtains hanging on the tinted windows that reflect Hell's red sunlight. Instruments of many kinds sit in the corner on top a small stage.

The room is dimly lit, mostly from the faint sunlight shining through the tinted windows, adding splashes of crimson red on the flooring. Though the ballroom is quite beautiful, it lacks festivity, and it is dusty. Almost forgotten...

Being Zestial's daughter, you've always been one to enjoy the idea of balls and ballrooms. So you take note that when you're further along in this career of yours, you'll clean this place up and hold a proper grand opening for demons and demonesses to enjoy.

Alastor stands with his back to you in the middle of the ballroom, his static radio-like humming echoing in the silence, while his hands perform small motions as if he's composing an orchestra, while a few of his little shadows swirl around him, dancing to a beat only they can hear.

He appears peaceful, yet while you stare at him, you feel as if you're staring at a ticking bomb. You approach him. "I've arrived," you say, which causes his humming to stop before he looks over his shoulder to see who was the one that rudely interrupted him.

His smile grows when his eyes fall upon your face. "Ah, there you are! I was wondering if you would actually show." Deep down, he didn't expect you to be serious, and thought perhaps you were only speaking. But your action is enough proof to him that you are very serious about this career choice.

Only making him feel a little bit more excited.

You nod once. "I am a woman of my word," you remark, and he chuckles amused, saying nothing else, merely clasping his hands behind his back as he stares at you.

Feeling as if precious minutes are being wasted, you get straight to the point. "What are my duties today?" You ask, trying to hide the impatience in your tone and words.

Alastor senses the sudden impatient tone, and he decides to have a little fun with you.

"Now now, I still haven't decided even if you ARE worthy to hire."

His words send a wave of both anger and fear flooding your veins, slithering its way to your chest, into your heart to make it pound harder. Just last night, he agreed that you were hired. Why is he changing his mind all of a sudden?

You hold his gaze. "And what will convince you?" you ask, a little salty.

"Hmm," he raises a hand to his chin before slowly circling you, eyes running up and down your figure, almost as if he's contemplating something in that dangerous mind he possesses.

Your head turns, so that your eyes follow his every movement. You don't trust him, not for a damn second. Yet you're willing to pretend that you do, just to get what you want.