Co dependency is a bitch.

Mystic Falls. Salvatore Boarding House.

Stefan sat at his desk, pen in hand, pouring his thoughts onto the pages of his journal. It had been three months since the awakening and breaking of the hybrid curse, yet the impact of that day still lingered within him. Cassandra's absence had left a void in the hearts of those who knew her, and Stefan felt her loss acutely.

The ethereal power they had all experienced that day   vanished. Stefan's heart was heavy, and he never imagined he would miss someone as deeply as he missed Cassandra.

To make matters worse, the powers she had unlocked in him and Damon were proving difficult to control. The frustration of managing these newfound abilities only compounded Stefan's longing for Cassandra's guidance. And then there was that damn prophecy, Chaos's words echoing in his mind and adding to the weight on his shoulders.

As Stefan was writing, a loud bang from downstairs interrupted his thoughts. He closed his journal and went to investigate. When he reached the source of the noise, he found Damon lying in a mess of his own making, his shirt burnt and ripped.

Stefan walked towards his brother, offering him a hand to pull him up. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" he asked, surprised by the scene before him.

Damon replied sarcastically, "Practicing to see if I can fly, but apparently, that wasn't included in the package."

"Very funny," Stefan replied, unamused by Damon's attempt at humor. "But seriously, what the hell are you doing?"

Damon pointed to a book on the table. "Beginners guide to witchcraft," he announced. "I'm trying to master the witchy part of me, hoping the rest will come."

Stefan picked up the book, examining it briefly before responding, "Dude, you're a hybrid now. Remember, you're not just a witch."

As much as Damon didn't want to admit it, he knew his brother was right. He missed Cassandra and the support she provided, but he didn't want to burden Stefan with his feelings.

Stefan dragged Damon to his feet, and just as he was about to say something, the door to the manor opened, and Bonnie walked in. Her eyes widened as she took in the devastation. "What the hell?" she asked, shocked. "Did a storm pass by?"

"Yeah, Hurricane Damon," Stefan answered, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

Bonnie let out a groan. This was the third time Damon had destroyed something while attempting to connect with his magic. "Damon, I thought we talked about this?" she scolded. "Trying to force your magic is stupid."

"I know that, Judgy," Damon snapped back, his frustration getting the better of him. He quickly grabbed the book from the table and handed it to Bonnie.

As Bonnie reached out to take the book, her gaze fell upon Damon's muscular physique, which was now revealed through his torn shirt. Her heart skipped a beat, and she couldn't help but feel an undeniable attraction to him. This realization made her angry, as she knew Damon's reputation for being a jackass. She tried to focus on the book in her hands, but her mind kept drifting back to the glimpse of Damon's athletic build.

Stefan and Damon exchanged a quick glance, noticing Bonnie's increased heart rate and her eyes lingering on Damon's exposed chest. A smirk tugged at Damon's lips, and he couldn't resist teasing her. "You know, Bonnie, if you keep staring at my muscles like that, you might get even more distracted." Damon playfully flexed his biceps to emphasize his point.

Embarrassed at being caught, Bonnie quickly cleared her throat and tried to regain her composure. "Oh, please, Damon, don't flatter yourself too much," she retorted, attempting to brush off her obvious attraction.