Chapter 27

Since I have lived in Antaris, I have met many creatures that I never expected to exist. But never in my life could I have imagined meeting an angel. After Devas pointed his sword at the angel in Jade and Noah's house and then stormed out, we wanted to know what Lilly's visit meant. Were we in danger?

"I apologize for Devas. He can be weird sometimes," Avery said while Aidan laughed at his statement.

"Sometimes?" Aidan asked with a laugh, causing everyone to burst out laughing.

We sat down again. Although I wanted to know what Lilly's visit was all about, I still couldn't ignore the fact that she was still looking at the door through which Devas stormed away.

"Don't worry, Lilly. He's not doing anything bad to you. He's just trying to protect Avery and me," I assured her.

"I know he won't hurt me," she replied and smiled kindly at me.

Sitting in her presence seemed very calming. Her friendly and endearing nature made talking to her very easy.

"Well, Lilly, we are very honored to meet an angel, but there will definitely be a reason why you are here," Avery asked as he took my hand in his. Lilly's smile faded when she heard Avery's question, and her expression became serious.

"I am the last of my kind. There were many Nephilim a very long time ago. However, my kind was banned, and angels withdrew from the earth. One by one, the half angels died or were killed in one way or another. A traitor of his own kind figured out how to kill half-angels quickly and made a deal with Abbadon, the Prince of Darkness. Foolish of him to think he could make deals with Abbadon. The goal was to kill all the half-angels except for him, Traitor Berith, so that he could then dominate all living creatures on earth. He even found an angelic sword that made it easier for him to murder his kind. What he didn't think about, however, is that Abbadon and his brothers were fallen angels who had lived in the underworld ever since and became demons. Abbadon didn't care who ruled the earth because he now had a new plan that Berith made him understand. The angel sword now enabled him to destroy all good beings. Since this event, the princes of darkness have been looking for me to take the sword that Berith gave me shortly before his death when he realized how stupid he was acting... I tried to cope on my own, but as long as the sword was not safe, it's not safe for any of us," Lilly explained, looking from Avery to me.

"The sword can be safe in Antaris because evil cannot penetrate there. We will protect you and the sword. I give you my word on that," Avery said with a serious expression.

"We should head home, then. We're not safe here," Aidan added.

"As long as I have the sword, no one can harm us. Demons cannot defeat me, but Abbadon and his brothers would be equal to me because they are descended from angels. I would be very grateful if you would take me in," Lilly asked.

Avery looked at me and immediately understood that I would definitely take Lilly with me, so he was relieved when he promised to take her with us. Jade and Noah were immediately ready to come because even though they longed for a quieter life, they understood that this changed everything and that there was a lot at stake.

After we opened the portal, Avery called Devas over to us and briefly explained to him that Lilly was accompanying us. Devas's face didn't reveal much, but his posture showed how uncomfortable he felt. He still stared at Lilly strangely but only nodded as a sign of his agreement.

As we walked through the portal, I felt nauseous and had to compose myself for a moment. But when I thought I was going to throw up, Lilly surprised me when she spread her wings and threw the army in front of us to the ground.

"Lilly, no, wait!" I shouted, surprised by the strength that came from such a petite girl.

"The army is only there on Avery's orders. We didn't know what was going on with Jade and Noah. It's just a security measure," I explained, shocked.