Chapter 5 Picking persimmons

Începe de la început

"Just because you can't think of it doesn't mean that others can't think of it. The Cui family has many political enemies in the government. Since we are favoured by the Cui family, we should be more cautious in our words and deeds. If your unintentional words cause the Cui family to suffer disaster, it will be your fault and mine. It could cost your life and mine!"

Lan Xia was already sweating and cried: "Miss, I know I was wrong. You can strike me. I won't dare to do it again next time!"

Xie Miao neither comforted nor continued to lecture her. She just looked at her quietly. When Lan Xia was done crying, Xie Miao knelt down and looked at her from the same height.

"Lan Xia, remember, trouble comes from the mouth. You can say some words in front of me and Fu Lu. However, you must not talk nonsense or act randomly outside. Do you understand?"

How could Lan Xia not understand at this time? She nodded heavily, tears falling to the ground one by one, "Lan Xia remembers Miss's teachings and I will never talk nonsense in the future!"

Xie Miao helped her up, took out a handkerchief and wiped her tears, "Keep it in mind."

Lan Xia said: "Lan Xia understands!"

Xie Miao breathed a sigh of relief and said, "Go and wash your face. After a long night of work, go and take a rest."

Lan Xia took two steps, turned back and admired her: "Miss, you can think of so many things, it's really amazing!"

Xie Miao smiled bitterly: How could she be smart? It's just the experience gained from too many experiences in the previous life.

*

The persimmon tree belongs to Qingxin Temple so naturally they had to consult with them when picking persimmons. Xie Miao mentioned this matter to Master Hui Jue and Master Hui Jue agreed immediately.

The Cui Mansion has a long-standing reputation in the capital and donates generous incense money to Qingxin Temple every year. Since Xie Miao is the cousin of the Cui Mansion, not to mention picking persimmons, there is no harm in digging up the roots of the persimmon trees.

Even so, Xie Miao still insisted on donating more incense money. Master Hui Jue couldn't refuse so she had to accept with a smile.

It was cloudy for two days and finally cleared up on the third day. The autumn wind is blowing thousands of miles away, the sun is shining brightly and the clouds are high. It is a good time to pick persimmons.

Lan Xia borrowed a ladder from the nunnery and put it against the tree. Fu Lu went down the mountain and called Qiaogu. Several people were eager to try it and wanted to go up the tree to pick the fruits themselves.

Lan Xia, who was so eager, naturally wanted to take the lead and pushed the two people aside, "No one is allowed to snatch them from me. I want to pick two for the Lady to try first!"

Fu Lu and Qiaogu were holding the ladder below and Lan Xia was holding a basket on her wrist, cutting persimmons among the branches.

Qiaogu raised her head, her cheeks flushed from the sun and shouted excitedly: "Sister Lan Xia, ​​there is a particularly big one on your left. Yes, that's it!"

"Is it this one?"

"No, you have to go to the left. Right at your left elbow, yes, yes, that's it!"

"The one above your head looks good. Look up and take it off!"

The people below gave orders one after another and the person above was in a hurry.

Not far away, the window ledge was half open and Xie Miao was copying scriptures on the desk. She lowered her head and eyes, her pen and ink were drawn horizontally and the beautiful hairpin-flowered regular script in her hand jumped onto the paper. Occasionally, she would look sideways at the bustling scene outside the window, smile and continue writing.