Appointment

There's never been a time where I had to second guess my wife's love. I was a fool to ever feel like that. I was oblivious to the fact that she'll love me through whatever. She'll be there if all my money dried up and my sex stamina went down.

But my nose was too far up these wanna be runaway models asses. I knew I had to get got.

"Knowles.." He chuckled, "Your wife has told me about you. Now I know this is the first day but I need to know some of your triggers."

My therapist spoke. He had a Canadian accent. It was decent.

"Triggers?"

He hummed before sitting his notepad down, "She explained to me that she noticed after certain words or phrases left her mouth.. you became a monster instead of her wife."

My wife viewed me as a monster?

"Oh. I don't know."

"Well that is what you're paying me for, eh? To figure you out."

I nodded.

"Take me back to your childhood. Was it harsh? Was it regular? Do you regret some days?"

I stared at the man before me like he was my enemy. He brought up my childhood.

"I get that isn't an easy subject. So take some deep breaths and think for me. I'm only here to help you Beyonce."

"Right. Right." I inhaled.

Then exhaled, thinking back to what felt like I was transporting myself to hell.

13 year old Beyonce
Houston TX

I heard those feminine screams. Nothing but terrifying muffled screams came from my mom. My dad had went wild and started to suffocate her with a pillowcase.

I sat in my corner and watched. Watching my mom die.

I couldn't move, last time I was the one behind his fist. But I couldn't turn the other cheek on my Momma dying. Couldn't leave her to be left with this man.

I would have two siblings to take care of.

"Beyonce! Get out here."

I got up quickly and went stood next to my Mom still body.

"Momma.."

The tears were begging to be let free, I couldn't though. Not with this man standing here.

"Don't cry. She ain't dead." He scoffed.

He kneeled down, "What I tell you about that crying mess?"

I let one tear fall, "That mess ain't for me."

He shook his head and pushed my chest.

"And yet you still don't understand."

I stayed quiet. He would've took any answer I gave back as disrespect.

He got back up on his legs and looked down at Momma.

"Is she dead?" I asked.

"I would hope not. It's no way in hell I can explain that."

He had a hint of amusement in his voice. I wish my small fists could feel like the wrath of God to him, I wanted to do something so bad. Just to let him feel how he made me and my Momma feel.

One day though, he was gone reap what he sow.

"Tina.." He shook her, "Tina!"

Her chest moved steadily and she raised her head.