I'm willing to Change

I stared at the quote that was directly in my face.

"Reading the same story over and over won't change the ending."

I swallowed thickly and nodded to myself. I related that so much. No matter how much I try to change Beyonce... It will result in the same way. Death. Hard pill to swallow but it still made it down my throat somehow.

"Onika?" I looked up as I heard my name being called.

I looked up and seen my old friend, Aubrey.

"Aubrey? Oh my God hey!" I walked over to him and gave him a hug.

He hugged me back, "Girl it's been too long... You done fell in love and don't call nobody no more."

I slightly chuckled, "Promise you it's not intentional."

"How's the wifey? Remember you always ditched me just to go be a sex servant to her?" He laughed dryly.

"Aubrey... Y'know I wasn't no damn sex servant." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah ok. We could all see it, even Beyonce knew what she was doing."

"Who is we?"

"Me, Tez, Courtney, y'know your friends you forgot about?"

I palmed my face.

"I'm not tryna make you feel bad but it's just that you treated us so bad as friends to go get beat on."

"That was harsh.. Who are you again?" Beyonce came up behind me and looked at Aubrey.

Aubrey looked at Beyonce with low eyes, "Aubrey, one of your wife's old friend."

"Ohh I remember you." Beyonce smiled a bit and extended her hand.

Aubrey looked at Beyonce and back at the hand, "I'm good."

"I guess them rumors got around, huh? Told you Courtney was gone make it something it wasn't." Beyonce says and I could see her looking at the side of my face.

Aubrey scoffed.

"Something wrong?"

"Absolutely Ms Beyonce."

"Sounds like it's gonna be a personal problem."

"It's not though."

Beyonce faked chuckles and grabs the basket.

"Leaving so soon? Me and Onika were still catching up."

Beyonce looked at me and him, "Catching up or you tryna' fuck my wife?"

Aubrey rolled his eyes, "All that craziness must be fogging up your memory? I already said we were old friends."

"Craziness?" Beyonce said in a tone I knew so well.

I turned to her and rubbed her chest, "We can go.. Please don't do anything stupid." I whispered the last part.

I pulled out a napkin and pin and wrote my number on it.

"Here Aubrey... Make sure you give it to Tez too, I missed y'all." I smiled.

He smiled back and took the napkin, "I will Nic."

Beyonce and I made our way to the cash register and waited in line.

"I didn't think giving him your number was acceptable Onika."

"He's my friend though... We haven't talked ever since I got married."

"Your tone makes it seem like that's a bad thing. Do you think that's a bad thing?" She asked.