Panic Attacks - Dreamnap

Start from the beginning

He frantically looked around for an escape, all he wanted to do was leave. He just wanted to calm down, breathe, and go home. Then, he had an idea. He thought that maybe he could just go to the car and stand outside for a bit and once he was calm, he would get in, text Sapnap that he was leaving and that he could leave now, or get a ride with a friend, and whatever response he got would determine what would happen from there. He stood up, not bothering to take his water bottle with him, and made his way to the door.

"Hey man! Where're you going?" A friend asked. Fuck. He did not have time for this right now. "You leaving without Nick?"

"N-nope! Just getting some fresh air," Dream quickly excused himself, gently pushing past his friend and leaving.

Sapnap could see the anxiety on Dream's face. He could see it from across the room. He saw how he flinched when the loud music started blaring in everyone's ears. He could see the way his chest began to subtly rise and fall in a more desperate pattern. He could see the way he wanted nothing more than to shove their friend out of the way when he spoke to him at the door. And that's why he went after him.

"Uhm, I'm gonna go really quick, sorry. It was fun hanging out but I think I'm worn out for the night," Sapnap kindly excused himself from the group of people he was talking to. They were all very understanding and let him go to which he appreciated.

He left the house and his first assumption was to go to the car. He has always known Dream really well. He made his way over towards their car where everyone else parked theirs in front of the rather large house. And there Dream was. But he wasn't his beautiful- uhm, calm self. No. He was frantic. There were heartbreaking tears in his eyes as he desperately tried to pull air into his lungs. He was shaking. He looked terrified. It was scary to see. But he had to take care of his friend. "Clay?" He asked.

Dream whipped his head over to the younger boy and there he was. His eyes were filled with concern. He looked like he wanted to reach over and hold him, but he didn't want to scare him. He looked so unsure. Scared, almost. "Nick!- uhm-" Dream Tried to desperately wipe his tears knowing it was pointless. He still couldn't breathe, everything hurt, there was no point in trying to hide this.

"Clay, what's happening?" Sapnap asked. Yeah he was definitely scared.

"P-panic attack. Can't- breathe," Dream cried. Oh. One of Sapnap's old friends used to get panic attacks. He never had to help her out with any of them but she did give him advice incase something ever happened.

Step one: ask them what they need from you. Some people like to be alone to calm themselves down.

"Okay. Is- is there anything I can do you for you? Like- I can lea-"

"No! Ple-eas don't leave..." Dream begged.

"Okay! Okay, I'm here. What can I do?" Sapnap calmly asked.

"I- I don't know. 'Ve never had someone- w-with- me-.." Dream lost his balance for a second, but luckily Sapnap caught him.

"Okay let's get you sitting down," Sapnap instructed, gently guiding Dream down to the rough, cold ground. "So you were saying you've never had anyone with you during these?" Sapnap asked.

"Mm-mm," Dream shook his head. "Nick- it hurts-"

"I know, Clay, I know," Sapnap comforted. "Do you mind if I touch you?" He asked.

"You- you can touch- but- small," Dream stuttered. Small touch? Sapnap can do small. He grabbed Dream's hand and held in gently in his own. He held it so carefully he was practically cradling it.

"Is this okay?" Sapnap asked. Dream looked as though he was thinking. He lightly squeezed Sapnap's hand and kept the firmer grip. Then he nodded. Okay. They were getting somewhere.