Hᴏᴍᴇᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ

Start from the beginning

"Keep the car running." Pope says as he takes Kie's hand

"Yep."

Pope turns away entering the house. Estrella keeping her eyes on the older man as he closes the door.

"This is so sketchy." Kie says

"Very." Estrella mumbles

Pope looks around as he walks through the home. The older man sighs as they stop by the living room.

"Just wait in here. Ms. Limbrey will be right with you."

Pope looks away as the man leaves the room. His eyes catch a few paintings on the walls.

"Hello."

Pope turns as a blonde girl around his age stands by the doorway.

"Hi. Are you-"

"No, I'm not Ms. Limbrey." She chuckles before she holds her hand out, "I'm Charlotte."

"Pope." He says shaking her hand

"Yeah, I figured as much." She says, "You and your friends found the Royal Merchant."

"Yeah." He nods

"Cool." She says before looking around. Pope stands there awkwardly as it goes silent. Charlotte turns to him, "Listen, Pope."

He looks over at her as she gets closer, "You're obviously a smart person. Don't let my grandmother get in your head." She says quietly. Pope furrows his brows, "Be careful."

Pope nods slowly as she smiles at him. She turns away just as an older woman enters the room. Charlotte smiles to her before walking off.

Pope watching her as she disappears around the corner.

"Mr. Heyward." The woman chuckles, "I'm Carla Limbrey."

"Uh, Pope. People call me Pope."

"Have a seat."

•••

Estrella sat between JJ and Kie as they waited in the truck for Pope. All of them extremely worried for Pope as they had no idea if he was okay.

"There's an extreme possibility that Pope could be in immense danger." Estrella says

"What happened to your optimism ?" JJ says

"Didn't have much of that to begin with."

"Look, if Limbrey is legit," Kie says as she looks out of the window. She sits up as the front door opens, "then Ward gets arrested, and maybe Sarah gets the gold."

They all lean over as Pope, Ms. Limbrey, and the older man walk out. Pope looking toward them. "Does that look voluntary ?"

Their question is answered as the man pushes Pope.

"That would be a negative." JJ says

"Come on." Kie says starting to get out

"Wait, hold on, hold on." Estrella says grabbing her shoulder

"What ?"

"They're going into the alley." Estrella says then turns to JJ, "Go around back ?"

"Yeah. We'll meet them on the other side." He says starting the car

"Okay." Kie says, "Hey, be chill. Be chill."

"Yeah, sure."

JJ turns the corner and Estrella and Kie keep their eyes on the sidewalk. They lost track of where they went.