"Before"

(Just want to say think you to TheGirlOnline14 for the beautiful covers)

Have you ever just wanted to fly, just take off spread your wings and fly it don't matter where you end up or how you get there as long as you are flying above the world.

I forget not many people are like me, I come from a small family of Raven's. Yes, we as shapeshifters and yes we are birds. But my father says that we are birds of love. Hum love, everyone around here worry's about when they are going to find their mate and what it will be like to fall in love with them. Me I just can't wait for the next day of school. I love school, learning about the world we live in is what makes it worth going.

I am seventeen, with long black hair and black eyes. Some of my human friends get freaked out about my eyes being black. But I tell them they should see my father's eyes is are so dark it's like looking into a dark tunnel.

My name is Raven, my mom and dads little joke,  just imagine what it was like living in my community with my name.

I am the only child so I might be a little spoilt.  Besides the fact I am a shape sifter that turns into a raven I live a normal life like normal people.

I have friend's that like to hang out and do things like going to party's and shopping and just hanging out. 

It was a Friday and I was with my two best friends Tori and Myles, we set at a table in one of our favorite diners. I set between them sipping on an cream soda.

"Hey Rav. you thank your mom would let me stay the night" Myles asked me as he shoved a fry in his mouth

"I don't know maybe"

"We could just go rent a hotel and just all stay there tonight" Tori says 

We where trying to figure out how we where going to send our weekend.

Tori tucks her long blond hair behind her ear with her finger as she leans in.

"We got in trouble the last time we did that Tor" I reminded her

"Come on Rav. I need out of my house" Myles says giving me a puppy dog look with his brown eyes

I smiled

"I'll see if you can stay, you big old puppy dog" I call him

He smiles back

"You know you love me"

"Only on days that end in Y"

"So what about me" Tori says 

"Oh will you know you can stay too if you must" I smile rolling my eyes

She pushes me playfully 

"So what would we do over at your house" she asked

"I don't know mom and dad would be at work so the house would be ours so I guess we could throw a party" I suggested

"And have your mom not trust me anymore I don't think so" Myles says

I smile

"Are you in love with my mother" I pick at him

"Shut up"

"It's ok Myles we know how much you love Mrs. Collins" Tori says

He turns away from us 

"Myles don't be mad please" I said 

He turns to me with a smile

"I forgive you" he says

"Lets go I got to get something for my mom before we head home" Tori says

"Ok"

We leave the diner going to the near by mall, as we walk by this group of adults I smell the sweetest sent ever. I look back seeing a dark red headed woman with a smile on her face. Hum, was it her perfume I smelt I wondered. Shaking my head I head on into one of the stores with Tori and Myles.