"Or should I say, Pastor Daniel." He laughs slightly and puts a hand on his chest.

"Gotcha." He jokes and I grin. I expected everything, but not this.

"No offense, but I saw with my own eyes how you tried to finish a whole barrel." A loud snort escapes our lips.

Daniel and Jennie were in the same class at the time. The two were inseparable. They clung to each other like siblings. And even though Jennie always claimed she didn't have a best friend, I knew that deep down she saw him as her best friend.

"Do you remember our graduation trip?" He nods with a smile.

Suddenly I feel a nostalgic feeling, being around Daniel feels familiar and easy. Life has a certain irony. People from my past enter my life to heal the present.

"I remember it very well. We had sneaked out, right?" I nod affirmative.

Goosebumps appear on my arms, the thought of how Jennie kidnapped me for some time together came to my mind. Her feather-light kisses blessed my skin. Jennie, like a brush, left behind drawings of love. But the colors faded and love fell apart. She is trapped in gray hate, while I am always looking for colorful love.

"And you had a threesome in a strange apartment." Daniel snorts loudly. My stomach tickles and a genuine laugh also escapes from my throat. My eyes are watering and I hold a hand on my stomach as I laugh.

"You called her at 3 in the morning to pick you up from a gas station." Daniel's grin grows a little further. "You mustn't forget that I was half way naked." I giggle with wide eyes.

Daniel scratches the back of his neck in embarrassment and I hold my hand over my mouth while still giggling. It's not that funny, but I always have to be around him giggling a lot. He shakes his head in mock indignation and I slowly calm down.

"I miss those times sometimes." I blink thoughtfully at him and he bites his lip. His eyes tell me that he could read my thoughts. Daniel grimaces slightly.

"To be honest, I'm glad I left that trait behind me." I nod in understanding.

"You shouldn't worry about the past. From the looks of it, it has probably led you in the right direction." Daniel bites his lip, grinning.

"That was supposed to come from me." We laugh and look at the burnt bakery. Then an oppressive silence falls over us.

"I heard... what happened." I close my eyes for a long time. I nod and feel my heart pounding in my chest.

"It was very brave." I snort. Daniel looks at me carefully and we watch in silence as butterflies land on the roof of the bakery. "It was necessary." Daniel shakes his head. "It's respectable." I roll my eyes.

"That depends on how you look at this situation." My voice sounds hard. My tongue is razor sharp and ready to cut hearts that just want to heal me.

"Lisa, it's not your fault." I clear my throat and blink quickly.

"What do people like you say when something like this happens?" I ask, diverting the topic.

Please take away my suffering. Give me hope.

I prepare myself for a studied answer. Something he learned. A thing he preached his whole life. Something I can vent my hate on. No one deserves something like that. No justification brings back the dead. And no answer can satisfy me.

"How do you justify something like that?" I ask again, close to tears.

I hear the birds chirping and once again my eyes find the pictures. They will end up as lost souls. Daniel sighs and wipes his forehead.