Chapter Six

Vince stared at Rody, his eyes wide. Wow, he actually told him to kill himself. He never really expected Rody to say it, but he knew he was thinking it.
He knew he wanted him dead, it was obvious from the way he looked at him. The amount of hate and anger in his eyes, Vince really did deserve to die after what he did to Vince.

Rody was, shocked to say the least. Never in his life would be have expected himself to say something like that, he wanted to take it back, but then again this was Vince.
He wanted Vince dead, right? Why wouldn't he want him dead. He killed his ex-girlfriend, planned to feed her to him, ate his ear, and tried to kill him.

He had every reason to want him dead. But, did he really?

Was a part of him secretly glad he was alive? Why did he- regret what he just said?

Vince smiled, and laughed quietly. He was laughing, after Rody had just told him to kill himself. Why? Why was he laughing at this, why wasn't he reacting in any other way?

Why.

'If that's what you want, Rody.' Vince signed, too many words to speak out loud. Rody's eyes widened, and he gritted his teeth.
"Vincent, don't." He said, making Vince tilt his head curiously.

'Why not? You clearly want me dead, so what's the point of living?" Vince asked, smiling softly. Smiling as if he was just, okay with the idea of killing himself.

No, Rody wasn't going to let that happen.

"Just don't." Rody said, looking away from Vince. He couldn't believe he was telling Vince not to kill himself, after he just told him to do so not even a minute ago.
Fuck him for being so dam bipolar.

Vince hummed, and started walking away from Rody. He left into the kitchen area, making Rody confused. Until he realized something, and he quickly rushed after him.

"Vincent!" He called out, quickly finding Vince pressing his finger against the tip of a knife.
He looked at Rody, and smiled.

Rody groaned in frustration and started heading over to him, but stopped when he saw Vince press the blade against his wrist, barely breaking the surface.
Vince just stared at Rody, watching him carefully as he pressed the blade against his skin.

He was hesitanting, like any person would when about to inflict pain onto themselves.

Rody glanced at the knife, and then at Vince, before he quickly rushed over to him.
Before Vince could even react, Rody grabbed the knife and pushed Vince against the counter Vince had been standing in front of.

Vince looked at him, his eyes wide. Rody, stopped him. Why would he stop him? Didn't he want him dead? Why would he stop him?

Rody tossed the knife to the floor, and looked at Vince's wrist. He sighed in relief, he'd barely scratch it when he was holding the knife against it.
"Don't.. don't ever fucking do that again." He muttered, glancing away from Vince slightly. He couldn't believe he'd just saved Vince from killing himself.

Pick an objective Rody, do you want Vince dead or not?

"Why?.." Vince asked quietly, his voice barely even audible. He was still processing the fact Rody has just technically saved him.
"I don't.. want you to kill yourself.." Rody said, sounding unsure but positive at the same time.

Maybe he did want Vince dead, just not by his own hands.

Vince's eyes widened, and he just stared at Rody. Did he hear that correctly? "What?.." He asked, sounding confused and shocked.

Rody groaned in frustration, and pulled away from Vince. "You heard me, Vincent.." He muttered, crossing his arms.
He couldn't believe he was saying any of this, he should have just let Vince die. But, he didn't.

Vince stood up straight, fixing his glasses. He looked at Rody, and walked towards him. "You.. don't.. want me to die?" He asked, sounding more unsure than Rody did when he said it.

"I-i.. I don't know.." Rody said, running a shaky hand through his already messy hair. Vince could barely see it, but there was some scar tissue from where he'd bitten his ear off.

He was never touching human meat again.

Vince tilted his head, more curious than confused. Why would Rody save him, why would he want him alive? After everything he'd done.
He said he should kill himself, and that's exactly what he was going to do, so why did he stop him?

"Rody... Why?" He asked suddenly, making Rody freeze up. He glanced at him, biting his bottom lip slightly.
"I don't.. I don't know, Vincent.." He admitted, looking away from him again.

"I should want you dead, I should want you out of my life forever, but I-i don't.. strangely enough." He confessed, rubbing his arm nervously.

Vince blinked, his heart almost skipping a beat. No, he didn't want to feel like this again. Never again. He didn't want to repeat what happened.

"But.. I.. you know.." Vince muttered, glancing away slightly. Why would Rody ever want him to be alive, or to be in his life again? He hated him. He could tell, that he hated him.
It was hatred he saw in his eyes, right?

"Yes Vincent, I know. I'm just as confused as you are.. I just-" Rody started, taking a deep breath to keep himself calm. "You were really going to do it, weren't you?" He asked, looking at Vince.

Vince nodded, looking at Rody as well. He admired his eyes for a moment, God how he'd missed them.
"Of course.. for you." He said quietly, causing Rody's breath to catch in his throat. Vince really would have hurt himself for him, but why?

It was all so confusing, and neither of them had the right answers.

"Why thought? Why would you try and.." Rody went quiet, not wanting to finish the sentence. He didn't want to say those words again.

"Because.." Vince started, looking down slightly. "I... Loved you.. Rody."